Join now - be part of our community!

Problems related to the contrast or brightness, not sure! Sony Bravia, 139 cm, 55W756C, Full HD

florinpauna
Explorer

Problems related to the contrast or brightness, not sure! Sony Bravia, 139 cm, 55W756C, Full HD

There are some problems related to the contrast or brightness,not sure. When the picture comes with subtitles and subtitles change, the brightness and contrast change too. Or better said, some fluctuations occur. Can anything be done or is the TV faulty?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you specify the TV model it could help :slight_smile:

In any case the sympthoms you describe are related to the Advanced Contrast Enhancer that you can set in the advanced Imgae setting of your TV (for each input you use): switch it to off

florinpauna
Explorer

Please help:smileycry:
55W755C

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi @florinpauna hope to help even if I have my menu on Italian...

You should go to the Picture settings, one way is trough the Actione Menu button when you're watching the device (live tv or bd or whatever) that has the problem;

Press the ACTION MENU button, select [Picture],select [Advance Picture Settings], select the first menu [Brigthness] go on the right and choose the last row [Advanced Contrast Enhancer] and set if to OFF.

vulgor_schnecke
Explorer

Sorry for reviving this thread, but since I couldnt find anything else here...

I have the same problem. When subtitles appear, the screen brightens, when they disappear, it darkens. This is especially noticable in dark scenes. First thought this was Netflix related, but this also happens when browsing through the Android Display Settings Menu: When the surroundings are black, the screen dims, when they are colorful like on the home screen, the screen brightens......

I have turned off all picture processing settings:

Autoenhance Contrast OFF

Black Level Adjust OFF

Light Sensor OFF

Live Color OFF

I have a KDL-50W805C with the latest firmware update 3.317 from February 2016.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any help is greatly appreaciated. Thanks!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

double check the advanced contrast enhancement in advanced picture setting: it should be set to off. the effect is the one you describe.

profile.country.CZ.title
JohnnyKDL756
Explorer

Hello, I have the same model and the same problem. But not all the time, I thing it appears just after last firmware 3.317 from February 2016. With older firmware was not problem. At the moment I have TV under repair, because of faulting panel (my post "KDL 55-756C damaged image - coloured artefacts") and service engineer told me, the latest firmware has sam changes, more settings, so I thing there is problem and can be solved by future firmware versions.

bartkeeper
Explorer

Hello, i've got exact the same issue. When playing from Netflix (most of the time) the picture look likes it's dimming the black levels. I've turned everything off ...

bwattsy
Explorer

Hi, I have just bought the same 50W80C model a week ago and am exereincing the same exact symptoms with subtitles when watching a Netflix movie in low brightness - it's becoming brighter when the subtitles appear, it's very hard to watch a movie like that.

Any idea?

bwattsy
Explorer

It's 50W805C...