Join now - be part of our community!

Problems Sony TV, Sony Soundbase, Sky Q and UHD Content

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pagrubb64
Explorer

Problems Sony TV, Sony Soundbase, Sky Q and UHD Content

Hi

I hope someone can help me out with a Sony TV, Sony Soundbase and Sky Q.

I have had Sky Q from launch and it has been working brilliantly with my configuration of Sony KD49X8309C TV and the Sony HT-XT1 Soundbase playing UHD content with no problems. I had the Sky Q connected directly to the TV via HDMI and the Soundbase connected via the optical interface.

The only problem was I had to manage the Soundbase via its own remote e.g. switching it on and off. So I decided to move to everything connected via HDMI so changed to the following setup:

Sky Q out > HT-XT1 in
HT-XT1 out > Sony TV HDMI 1

I set my sky remote up to control the HT-X1 and all works brilliantly - I can now control everything from the one sky remote.

However when I try and watch any UHD content the sky Q box complains that I don't have a compatible TV. I have checked all the cables are 4k compatible and they all work fine when directly connected from the Sky Q box to the TV.

I've also made sure that the HT-XT1 has "pass through" enabled and tried all of the HDMI inputs on the TV as I understand as they are not always the same.  But still nothing works.

Do I have to go back to my 2 remotes to enjoy UHD?

Any advice very gratefully accepted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
pagrubb64
Explorer

Thanks .... that didnt workl .... but what I have found does work is to connect my tv directly to the sky q box and my soundbase ti the tv via the ARC connector .... this is now all managed with the sky remote.

Thanks again for your suggesitons and help ... much appreciated.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The video format of HT-XT1 accepts only 8-bit signals, you probably have to disable HDR in Sky Q.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
pagrubb64
Explorer

Thanks Manolo for the prompt reply ... HDR do you mean UHD?  or are they different ?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No,

High dynamic range (HDR) or Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) from Broadcast.

Ultra-high-definition (UHD)

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try (in Sky Q):

Settings → Configure → Audio and Video and select the 2160p 4K format

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
pagrubb64
Explorer

Thanks .... that didnt workl .... but what I have found does work is to connect my tv directly to the sky q box and my soundbase ti the tv via the ARC connector .... this is now all managed with the sky remote.

Thanks again for your suggesitons and help ... much appreciated.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Yeah good, I did not suggest you a different link because I thought you wanted to keep that... -)

Manolo