Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with brand new KDL-43W807C

SOLVED
aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Problems with brand new KDL-43W807C

Hi,

I've bought brand new Sony KDL-43W807C and installed it without a problem, but it seems there are some issues. I've Virgin Tivo box, which I connected to the TV via HDMI cable. It shows my normal Virgin Media channels on input HDMI 1. So far so good, but when I try to enable YouView it can't detect any services, so I am stuck only with BBC Iplayer. I can't access ITV Player, or 4oD etc. I am not a techie, but managed to sail through various PCs and TVs without major issues. I've tried many things with that Bravia, but I just can't fix it. I feel the problem isn't that serious, but just can't find a solution. Can you please help me? Is the problem with the Tivo box, or some settings, or do I need some extra cables?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Just to report, I've bought Curry's £4.99 indoor aerial and it worked. After the installation of YouView you could remove the aerial and it will work alright, but the next day you will need to plug it in again, because the players won't work otherwise.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

So what i gather is that the TIVO works ok.  But you are not picking up any channels on YouView.  In order to access ITVHub and 4oD, you must at least be able to tune one channel in. So...

Can you confirm if you have connected an aerial cable directly to the TV - one that is capable of recieving a Freeview signal?

Cheers

aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Hi and thank you for your quick response.

Yes, the tivo works ok, but I am not picking up any channels on YouView. The only cable connected to the TV is the HDMI from the Tivo box. Do I need to have some more? I saw on the yellow set up leaflet that came with the TV, there was a graphic showing another aerial cable from the tivo box to the tv, but i don't think my tivo box has an "out" slot.

Kind regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately yes, you need to connect an aerial cable to the tv.  I have never used or seen a TIVO box, but i understand it connects to the Virgin cable network.  This is not a suitable aerial for the tv in regards to tuning in Freeview Channels for YouView.

Do you have a Freeview aerial/antenna on your roof?  As well as an aerial socket on the wall?

Cheers

aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Hi and thanks,

No, I don't have Freeview aerial/antena on the roof. Is this the only solution? This would be very silly. I've tried to bypass the youview by going directly to the ITV website and streaming from there, but it says I need to update flash player. I downloaded new version, but nothing happened.

Kind regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately that is the only solution.  As i also said above, to access ITVHub and 4oD, you must be able to tune in at least one freeview channel via YouView as these are integrated into YouView

Have a read:

http://www.youview.com/how-it-works/

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/youview-how-it-works/td-p/2044273

Unfortunately streaming ITVHub and 4oD shows from the TVs web browser also will not work.  

Cheers

aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Hi,

This is absolute joke... I live in Central London. Would it work, if I buy one of those cheap indoor aerials and hide it behind the tv?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes it would work.  Once you have tuned in some channels, you wont even need the aerial connected.  I dont know the technical reasons on why you must have a channel tuned in, but others have reported that you can remove the aerial once done, and ITVHub and 4oD will work.

Cheers

aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Thank you very much.

I will try that tomorrow and will report back the rusults.

Cheers,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck :wink: