Join now - be part of our community!

Programme list edit unavailable on Bravia KD49XF9005

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Programme list edit unavailable on Bravia KD49XF9005

• Unpacked and set up my new KD49XF9005 today, and was surprised to see the Programme list edit option was unavailable. Searching the forum I found owners of other Bravia models with a similar issue. The workaround was to change Country/Language settings, but not sure I can do that with this set. Any other workaround or solution? It seems a huge step backwards not to have this option. Thanks. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

I’ve found the solution - I’ve disabled the YouView option and am now using the default EPG guide. With this guide I can now set reminders and also edit the programme list! The culprit was YouView. 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Testcard,

Give us some more information to see if we can solve your issue together. Which programme channel list are you referring to. Your TV comes with multiple tuners built-in, do you refer to the terrestrial, cable or satellite programme list?

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. It’s the digital channel list from the aerial source:

Channel setup > Digital setup > Digital tuning > Programme list edit is greyed out. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Thanks for your clear answer. Would you be able to confirm the following for us:

• You do not have any external USB storage devices connected to the TV and setup as a recording storage space.
  • You do not have any CAM modules installed into the TV which decode the digital programmes for the TV.
  • You do not have any viewing reminders setup from the built-in EPG on the TV.

Get back to us and we will take it from there.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Hi again

No USB devices connected 

No CAM modules installed 

No viewing reminders (I can’t see how to set viewing reminders in the YouView Guide, there doesn’t seem to be an option for this!)

Connected sources are Sony Blu-ray player and Sky Q satellite box. 

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

I’ve found the solution - I’ve disabled the YouView option and am now using the default EPG guide. With this guide I can now set reminders and also edit the programme list! The culprit was YouView. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Great! You caught me in the middle of typing just exactly that. Glad to hear you found the solution.

Don't hesitate to drop us a line if you need any more help in the future. We are here to help.

Enjoy your new TV!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Thanks again for your replies - I should probably have spent a little longer exploring the menus before posting!

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Testcard

Please also note that if you want to use the YouView UI again, then on going back into YouView, Skip the option of retuning (YouView try to give the impression that a retune is mandatory, but it isn’t) and your programme list editing changes will be preserved, even in YouView.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

That’s good to know - thanks for the tip.