Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 Remote Play on Sony KD43X8309C

dnavekar
New

PS4 Remote Play on Sony KD43X8309C

Hey, I've recently picked a new Sony Android TV for the living room and wondered if Remote Play is be availble on it, I can't see it on the app store..

Does this go through Playstion Now as that's visible in the TV's Home Menu or is that something totally different. My PS4 is in my bedroom and wanted to know if I could play it on the living room TV. Hope you guys can assist. Cheers.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

I don't think remote play is supported on the Android bravia tv's and have not heard anything if it's coming to them. it would be nice if they did. They only have the playstation now store,

dnavekar
New

Thanks, I did see an article posted online about Remote Play and
PlayStation Now, I agree it would be nice to have this. Doesn't PlayStation
Now work on a similar platform only that you're streaming externally and
not internally?
profile.country.GB.title
Yamstarstevo102
New

All Sony bravia smart TVs were meant to launch with Ps now and Ps remote play back in Feb 2015 from what I've read, once again Sony has made a full of their loyal customers. Yes it,ll work if you buy another device the Ps tv micro consol at 45 quid if you can find one at that price, good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone tried sideloading the PS4 Remote Play APK?

dnavekar
New

Nope, how are you side loading an apk?
profile.country.US.title
taniamaley
Explorer

I use remote play on my Sony Android TV, the easy way is just sideloading the APK file.

In the first you have to use es file explorer on sony android tv and android. After that, you can download ps4 remote play apk on your android phone. Then, launch es file explorer app on the Android TV. Find Net Manager, then confirm network condition on Net Manager.

es-file-explorer-netmanager-mod-800x450.png

Now lets open file manager on your Android phone. Find the remote play apk and then send it to your android tv via wifi. After that, if the transfer procces is done, there is confirmation display appears. Confirm it and save it. Then, just tap the apk file from es file explorer to install it.

It only works for iphone thats some bull why not android