Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 Sound cuts out on a KD-43XD8305

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

PS4 Sound cuts out on a KD-43XD8305

Hi,

So i have recently purchased and connected up a KD-43XD8305 to my PS4. When playing a PS4 came, Call of Duty, I have noticed at random sound events like, large explosions, the TV can sometimes completely lose all sound. The HDMI input settings then seem to flash up & the TV seems to correct itself, sound is only lost for a second or two but it’s getting annoying.

Can anyone offer an explanation?

The PS4 is connected via HDMI to HDMI port 2 but also the PS4 has a headset connected to it, this sits in a base unit that is connected to the console and the TV via optical cable.

Regards,

Paul

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of suggestions to try

• Test without having the headset connected - Does it still cut out?
  • Try disabling ClearAudio+ in the TVs sound settings

Reading through what you have written, im a little confused - do you have the HDMI cable as well as the optical cable both connected to the TV at the same time?  If so, remove the optical cable.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Hi Quinnicus,

Wil try as suggested but would like to keep the headphones plugged in via the optical cable.

Yes i have both optical cable and HDMI in use, my understanding is the PS4 uses HDMI for the picture and then the headset uses the optical cable for the audio, this is refected in the settings on the PS4 for audio.

Prior to my new Sony i had a Samsung smart TV setup it in the same way and this didn't present any such issues.

Thanks for the reply will keep you posted on tests.

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Still seems to be doing this even after turning off clearaudio+, in fairness haven't tried without the headset as the telly goes before that does, such an important part of the PS4 & not the only one to use optical cables.

Beginning to think it isn't the sound rather the input as the whole things seems to flicker, i lose the sound and the TV HDMI input settings then flash up, almost like something interrupts the signal.

Tried turning the Sync off to but still does it, not all the time just every so often.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The reason why i mentioned about testing without having the headphones connected etc, is that when troubleshooting it is always best to break everything up to its most simplest configuration.  If it still fails, the troubleshooting process is then different to if it actually works.  For example, if removing everything other than the TV and PS4 and it works, then connect the headset and it fails, at least you now know where to start in regards to finding a solution.

I would also advise removing all other HDMI devices too, whether you have a Sky box, or another bluray player etc etc. Again, just to test.

You mentioned Call of Duty - does it happen on any other games?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

I can't disagree with your logic, when i get a spare half a day i'll unplug the optical cable and give a good test.

Thanks

Smithy314
New

Hi there. 

I have just brought the same tv but a 49" and  experiencing three exact same issue. I had a Panasonic before and didn't have any issues so I know it's not the PS4. I don't plug a head set it but at experiencing the sound cutting out for a few seconds etc. 

Did you resolve your issue? 

At first I thought it was probably the hdmi cable so I brought a sandstorm one but the issue is still happening. 

Any ideas? 

Temped to take the tv back. 

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Alas no i haven't resolved the issue, but to be fair i haven't had a chance to test the device without various bits unplugged.That said it hasn't seemed to have done it in a while which is one of the reason i've felt it not urgent to resolve.

regards,

profile.country.GB.title
Kylewall
Explorer

How do I stop this happening?