Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 will not connect to HDMI Ports 2 and 3 on SONY BRAVIA KD49XD8305BU

bigsim20
Explorer

PS4 will not connect to HDMI Ports 2 and 3 on SONY BRAVIA KD49XD8305BU

Hi I recently bought a Sony Bravia KD49XD8305BU TV. Unfortunatly I am having problems connecting my PS4 to HDMI ports 2 and 3. I can connect it to 1 and 4 but not 2 and 3.

I am running the latest firmware as I updated last night and I have tried pulling out the cables and pulling the plug out and leaving off for 2 mins but without any luck.

Can anybody advise me please what I should do next?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

I have a new KD43XD8305 connected to my PS4 via the HDMI 2 port, done this for HDR, and seems to work fine. What do you get on ports 2 & 3, is it just no signal? Let me know what you have & i'm happy to try and replicate this on my device.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In addition to the reply above, are you using the HDMI cable that came with the PS4?  Also, try the following:

Set HDMI signal format to Enhanced format.

1. Press the HOME button on the remote control.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select External inputs in the TV category.
    4. Select HDMI signal format and set to Enhanced format.

Cheers

bigsim20
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

With a bit more trying things out I found that the PS4 will work through Ports 2 and 3 providing (1) HDR is turned off on the PS4 settings, and (2) the enhanced format setting on the TV for ports 2/3 is turned off.

If the HDR is turned on on the PS4, or the Enhanced format setting on the TV is turned on, the screen is blank (Black) except that the TV shows an input of "Stereo xxxx x 1080" (apologies forgot 1st number), and sound occasionally crackles through.

The PS4 with HDR turned on works fine on HDMI ports 1 and 4.

I currently have a standard launch PS4 but am thinking of upgrading to the PS4 Pro but believe that I need to use ports 2 and 3 with enhanced format on for this.

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Wow that all seems very strange!

I don't have the same model I have the KD43XD8305 but mine is setup with what I thought was the standard/normal config, ie HDR & 4K works through HDMI 2 & 3 only.

Again i have the standard PS4 with all the video outputs for HDR set to auto, then on HDMI 2 I have the enhanced format on and again everything set to auto. Must admint i'm not using the HDMI cable that came with the PS4, i bought i high speed or 2.0 as people like to call them from ASDA, only £10ish. I figured the one that came with it wouldn't be designed for HDR.

Almost like your HDMI ports are wired up wrong inside the set?

Regards