Join now - be part of our community!

"Unfortunately Sony Select has stopped" error

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bbbullock
Explorer

"Unfortunately Sony Select has stopped" error

Hi,

Intermittently I get a "Unfortunately Sony Select has stopped" box popping up on the screen and I need to click "OK" to remote it. It often pops up several times until I carry out a reset my holding down the green power button on the remote for 5 seconds. Does anyone know what is causing this "Sony Select" issue?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

bbbullock wrote:

Does anyone know what is causing this "Sony Select" issue?

I get all kind of force closes like that, HueyModule for starting (even after the reset to factory settings!) and even the Settings app/service itself. They are bugs with the OS. In your case you should be lucky, just disable that useless app in Settings (go to Settings/Apps in system apps select Sony Select and then disable it. The option should be there) and forget about it. Otherwise you may try clearing its data in the same settings.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
bbbullock
Explorer

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

bbbullock wrote:

Does anyone know what is causing this "Sony Select" issue?

I get all kind of force closes like that, HueyModule for starting (even after the reset to factory settings!) and even the Settings app/service itself. They are bugs with the OS. In your case you should be lucky, just disable that useless app in Settings (go to Settings/Apps in system apps select Sony Select and then disable it. The option should be there) and forget about it. Otherwise you may try clearing its data in the same settings.

profile.country.GB.title
bbbullock
Explorer

Many thanks!