Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control issue....again

profile.country.GB.title
Batemansxxxb
Explorer

Remote control issue....again

1) unresponsive remote control.... yet again,couldn't turn off the tv night before last,had to remove the power cord from the set,wait a bout 30 sec,reconnect & wait for it to reboot,then turn off with the remote control

2) often when using the remote control to select an input by pressing the button on the top left of the remote,either it takes 2-3 presses before responding,or the input selection quickly flashes up & then disappears,other times it sticks on hdmi1 when I want hdmi2, this process has frozen the tv in the past,

almost 1yr on & these problems persist. 

I've done a factory reset at least once in the  past year

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

As you are aware, there are still 'many' outstanding issues - Im hoping the long awaited Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update will help resolve some or many of these.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

In regards to the issue at hand in the meantime - I know you have said that you have done a factory reset at least once in the past year - but have you done one since the last firmware update?  If not, I would advise you to do so, as this can clear 'gremlins' as I call them and help the performance of the TV.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Batemansxxxb wrote:

1) unresponsive remote control.... yet again,couldn't turn off the tv night before last,had to remove the power cord from the set,wait a bout 30 sec,reconnect & wait for it to reboot,then turn off with the remote control

2) often when using the remote control to select an input by pressing the button on the top left of the remote,either it takes 2-3 presses before responding,or the input selection quickly flashes up & then disappears,other times it sticks on hdmi1 when I want hdmi2, this process has frozen the tv in the past,

almost 1yr on & these problems persist. 

I've done a factory reset at least once in the  past year

If you have an iThingy from Apple, I suggest you download the following app:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=video+and+tv+sideview+app&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

There may may be an equivalent for Android devices, for all I know.

But the point is that when the remote is unresponsive, you can fire up the app and try the same command.

if the TV is still unresponsive, you know it's the TV at fault.

But if the TV responds, then you know it is the remote (probably) or the remote sensor on the TV (just possibly, but unlikely) playing up.

if the former, try new batteries, or resetting the remote - though the Sony site only seems to have instruction for doing this on the RMF-TX100E Touchpad remote, so I don't know what, if anything, would reset yours - or even getting a replacement under warranty, if the app works consistently, but the physical remote doesn't,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking