Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control RMF-TX200E for Andriod 2015 model

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Remote control RMF-TX200E for Andriod 2015 model

Hi Guys just wondering I have a Sony KD-43X8307 2015 model with latest Marshmellow update and all works pretty much perfectly. 

If I brought the remote that comes with the 2016 Andriod TV range will it works it looks far better and has the inbuilt mic. 

If they work via Bluetooth should it not work okay with my TV as you just pair them up any advise would be gratefully appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Guys well.. I just went to pick up my new remote and have just got home and it does work 100%!! 

In fact you just pair the mic up via Bluetooth settings snd it works brilliantly and pretty fast. 

My model is KD-43X8307 2015 brand new remote and only cost me £18 via eBay so bargin!! 

Sony want £99 and Amazon UK want £50.. Loop 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

I looked in to this an apparently it will work, but no voice.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

and voice is the only reason to get new remote. But since voice works in tvsideview I believe that it's just a SW thing. But apparently SONY doesn't want to use the opportunity to make some money on a 10$ remotes that sells for a 100$ because they think that people will buy new TV instead just for that. Well, I won't.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

I'm quite happy to pay a reasonable amount of money to have the better remote for my TV that's just crazy.

I throught my understanding is that if the remote works apart from the mic. If the mic works via Bluetooth and the TV has Bluetooth then is it not a case of just paring them up?? I'm confused 😕

kind Regards,
Marc
[Personal details removed by moderator]

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

I believe that you need A2DP bluettoth profile which is not supported in models from 2015.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Such a shame...I wonder if their is any way around it to get it to work I.e third party app or APK file can be installed if it's a software thing..

kind Regards,

[Edited by moderator to remove personal details]

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

profile.country.GB.title
deva14
Explorer

Have connected an RMF-tx200e to a Sony 2015 KDL-43W755C and can confirm the voice function does work. Press the microphone button and the volume down button and it will pair with blueetooth. Works perfectly!

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@deva14 wrote:

Have connected an RMF-tx200e to a Sony 2015 KDL-43W755C and can confirm the voice function does work. Press the microphone button and the volume down button and it will pair with blueetooth. Works perfectly!

Oh really, well that is good to know!

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi thanks. I'm I to understand that you have a Andriod 2015 model and remote works perfectly???.

Sony and everyone else all say no.. No won't work bla.. Bla..

Be great to here from some more people on this as well.

Crazlely Sony want £100 for a bloody remote blimey they must be in a big profit earner.

I'll look to get mine on Amazon Marketplace or. EBay for quater of that price.

Thanks again

kind Regards,
Marc

Note: Edited by Quinnicus to remove personal details

profile.country.GB.title
deva14
Explorer

Yes, Sony 2015 tv with the original remote that was supplied being a RMT-TX100D. Sell them on Amazon for about £53.00 but eventually got one on ebay, new for £32.00. All the buttons respond as they should and feels better in the hand to the one supplied.