Remote not working on Bravia kd49x8309c

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Goldfishinabag
Explorer

Remote not working on Bravia kd49x8309c

Hi.

Hope someone can help.

My TV has stopped responding to the remote. Batteries are fine. It works on another tv. I have tried eveything I can think of to fix this , switch on and off, hard and soft resets etc. Nothing works. Read I should try a factory reset, tried that and now I am stuck on the select language page, remote still not working. The buttons on the back don't include a 'select' or 'OK'  function...  

Before I could use my phone to switch it off and on and control the volume but now, it has forgotton the wifi I am stuck. I've tried every type of button pushing together volume + - , channel + -   nothing works.

Thanks in advance if you can help me with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Goldfishinabag
Explorer

Solved:

Bought a replacement IR module on ebay for £13 and fixed it myself. 

If anyone has this problem just do that. Don't bother phoning or writing to Sony. They don't really care.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried this

Let us know how you get on.

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Goldfishinabag
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks, yes I have tested the remote itself. It is, unfortunately, not the problem. Also, as a second confirmation, my Virgin remote no longer is able to power off and change volume on the tv as it previously could. 

I am able to switch the tv on via the back panel, but this is all I can do. It just goes to language select and I have no means of selecting anything.

I believe the IR receiver unit has failed.

I’ve only had the TV a couple of years and I paid £1000 for it. Expected it to last longer than this.

Andy

profile.country.GB.title
Goldfishinabag
Explorer

Solved:

Bought a replacement IR module on ebay for £13 and fixed it myself. 

If anyone has this problem just do that. Don't bother phoning or writing to Sony. They don't really care.