Join now - be part of our community!

remote talk

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
col.mase1
Explorer

remote talk

Can anyone help please, we have 

KDL-65W855C  been using this tv with satelite connection everything working fine until we connected to aerial to get youview now any action i press on the remote control is repeated by a womens voice looked everywhere to disconnect this but no luck i know this sounds simple to resolve but cannot find the answer

help

colin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Appologies for the lack of response.  However unfortunately you cannot use the satellite tuner when YouView is enabled. 

Cheers

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@col.mase1 wrote:
Hi

would like to thank you for this response did find the problem same as you
said just like to know when satellite connection will be supported by
youview or similar? any ideas

Regards

YouView are famously close-mouthed about future developments, but we have seen no sign of even a recording capability, and over a year has gone by since the launch of YouView on these sets.

My hypothesis is that the footprint of YouView on these boxes is too big to coexist with the satellite tunings, and nobody knows how to write overlays - it ought to be possible, say, for the TV to write the satellite tunings out to a USB stick when switching to YouView mode, and to read them back in when switching back to Freeview.

All conjecture on my part, though,

Bottom line? Nice though the YouView UI is, and handy though the 7-day backward EPG is, the only fundamental loss on the Freeview side is the itv hub and All4 players, which are only on the YouView side, But a £15 NowTV box will give you those on the Freeview side, and you don't need to subscribe to NowTV (unless you want to) so that's a one-off £15.

if you really want YouView though, get a proper YouView box, and plug that into the TV. That's the only way you will get YouView and the Sony satellite service to coexist on one of these TVs for the foreseeable future :slight_frown:

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Appologies for the lack of response.  However unfortunately you cannot use the satellite tuner when YouView is enabled. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@col.mase1 wrote:

Can anyone help please, we have 

KDL-65W855C  been using this tv with satelite connection everything working fine until we connected to aerial to get youview now any action i press on the remote control is repeated by a womens voice looked everywhere to disconnect this but no luck i know this sounds simple to resolve but cannot find the answer

help

colin

It sounds like you have accidentally activated the Accessibility feature that gives audio confirmation of remote actions.

If you go to Settings/Accessibility, it should be fairly obvious which setting these needs turning off (sorry, but I don't have my TV handy to check this for you).

switching to YouView does not normally do this, so I think it may be a coincidence that it started at the same time.

Quinnicus mentions that YouView and satellite are mutually incompatible; not sure if you realised this or not.

And you can't even toggle between them with the YouView/Freeview Settings/Channels option, as going to YouView deletes all your satellite tunings, and you have to remake them if you go back 😞

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
col.mase1
Explorer

Hi

Regards
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@col.mase1 wrote:
Hi

Regards

YouView are famously close-mouthed about future developments, but we have seen no sign of even a recording capability, and over a year has gone by since the launch of YouView on these sets.

My hypothesis is that the footprint of YouView on these boxes is too big to coexist with the satellite tunings, and nobody knows how to write overlays - it ought to be possible, say, for the TV to write the satellite tunings out to a USB stick when switching to YouView mode, and to read them back in when switching back to Freeview.

All conjecture on my part, though,

Bottom line? Nice though the YouView UI is, and handy though the 7-day backward EPG is, the only fundamental loss on the Freeview side is the itv hub and All4 players, which are only on the YouView side, But a £15 NowTV box will give you those on the Freeview side, and you don't need to subscribe to NowTV (unless you want to) so that's a one-off £15.

if you really want YouView though, get a proper YouView box, and plug that into the TV. That's the only way you will get YouView and the Sony satellite service to coexist on one of these TVs for the foreseeable future :slight_frown: