Join now - be part of our community!

Remove: "Customize Your Home Screen" from Home Screen?

profile.country.GB.title
akak01000101
New

Remove: "Customize Your Home Screen" from Home Screen?

Model: Sony Bravia TV 65" Model: XBR-65X850G

Is there any way in developer mode to remove the "Customize Your Home Screen" off the Home Screen, or make a Feature Request to whoever manages the UI for the Android TV's?

• After 2 months it obviously isn't going to go away and I'm obviously not going to use it.
  • I can understand having it there for a few days, but one can customize this in "Settings" and don't need to be reminded EVERY day.
  • Anything more that a single line of apps, is SENSORY overload for a family member. When they turned on the Advertising above the list of apps, it was really upsetting.
  • The kids keeps changing this and customize the home screen.
  • I really only need the list apps, nothing more, nothing less.

If anyone has an ideas, thoughts, or contact info....

Any help is greatly appreciate! Thanks.

sony-customize.jpg

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Piscie
Community Team

Unfortunately the home screen message will still be there. The only thing you can do is add your channels so it displays rows of your recently watched stuff from your apps. Once you add a couple of apps like Netflix and Prime Video, it'll be pushed to the bottom below your line of sight.

Hope that helps.

profile.country.GB.title
akak01000101
New

Yep, I've already tried that. It causes "sensory overload" for my family member and confusion as to which are apps and which are videos. If anyone has contact information to the AndroidTV Devs or Sony Devs to making feature requests directly, I'd love to reach out to them. Sony Support had no information to offer. After a while it is a total eye-sore.