Join now - be part of our community!

Resolving overscan on Android TVs

jozchutk
Explorer

Resolving overscan on Android TVs

Hi, I was not able to find overscan settings in system menu on my Sony Android TV. Can someone point me where I can find it, or there is just no option?

In the meanwhile, I am able to turn off overscan via adb (android debug bridge). For that, you would need to enable developer mode on your tv, install android sdk on pc and execute:

adb connect 198.168.x.x (whatever your TV ip is)

adb shell wm overscan 0,0,0,0

That, however, works temporarily and the setting would not remain after TV restart. Does anyone has any better solution?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Goto Settings > Display > Screen 

Set:

Auto Display Area to OFF

Display Area to Full Pixel

Cheers

jozchutk
Explorer

hi Quinnicus,

thanks for the quick answer. Both of the settings you mentioned are disabled on my device's settings panel. I can not change it. It might be because I have no antena or hdmi plugged. I only use android apps like youtube or twitch where the video content is cropped. Do you have any idea how can I enable display area settings?

Akusan
New

Same problem in my 49X830.

Options "Auto display area" and "Display area" are not configurable. "Display area" cannot be configured before "Auto display area" is disabled but changing "Auto display area" results in error message "Feature not available".

profile.country.GB.title
mikemichael1973
New

Thank you mate. For over a year I couldn’t get my android box to fit the screen. I did what you said in the display settings and it works a treat. Thank you 😊 

profile.country.GB.title
mikemichael1973
New

You have to choose the Channel and from there you go into your display settings and change it