Join now - be part of our community!

Restricted Profile bug?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dannyboy75

Restricted Profile bug?

I have a 49XE9005 with latest firmware. I recently started using the Restricted Profile option, as I have 2 boys and don’t want them watching YouTube etc. unsupervised. 

The TV button on my remote is assigned to HDMI3/ARC as that’s what my Sky box is connected to. This works fine when Restricted Profile is disabled, but when I enable it, pressing the TV button makes the TV switch to HDMI2 instead. 

I’ve tested this quite a few times and it happens every time. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m assuming it’s a firmware bug but not 100% sure. 

Thanks. 

Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Danny,

Have you tried already to:

1. Disable Restricted Profile (RP) and delete the existing RP
  2. Switch TV to HDMI2
  3. Go to HOME > Settings then configure and enable the RP again
  4. Verify if when RP is active your TV button selects HDMI3/ARC

Could be that the above won't make a difference, but I thought of asking you to try, since testing your issue might take some time. My feeling is that during setup of the RP, HDMI3 was somehow included in the restrictions.

Could you perhaps also answer the following*:

• Do you see the SkyBox as a DEVICE in the INPUT Selection list when RP is disabled?
  • Do you see the SkyBox as a DEVICE in the INPUT Selection list when RP is enabled?
  • Do you see the SkyBox as an INPUT in the INPUT Selection list when RP is enabled?

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

* The INPUT Selection list is devided in to two sections. The [Devices] are listed always in the top section and the [Inputs] are listed always in the lower section.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Danny,

Have you tried already to:

1. Disable Restricted Profile (RP) and delete the existing RP
  2. Switch TV to HDMI2
  3. Go to HOME > Settings then configure and enable the RP again
  4. Verify if when RP is active your TV button selects HDMI3/ARC

Could be that the above won't make a difference, but I thought of asking you to try, since testing your issue might take some time. My feeling is that during setup of the RP, HDMI3 was somehow included in the restrictions.

Could you perhaps also answer the following*:

• Do you see the SkyBox as a DEVICE in the INPUT Selection list when RP is disabled?
  • Do you see the SkyBox as a DEVICE in the INPUT Selection list when RP is enabled?
  • Do you see the SkyBox as an INPUT in the INPUT Selection list when RP is enabled?

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

* The INPUT Selection list is devided in to two sections. The [Devices] are listed always in the top section and the [Inputs] are listed always in the lower section.

profile.country.GB.title
dannyboy75

Hi @dutchice

You're a star, thank you so much :slight_smile:

I deleted the RP, recreated it and enabled it. The next time I pressed the 'TV' button, it then asked me which input I wanted to assign to it. I selected HDMI3 and now it works correctly.

So the RP must have its own separate setting for the 'TV' button. It must have given me the same option when I originally created the RP 6 months ago, but I'd completely forgotten. Originally my Sky box was connected to HDMI2 as I had a slightly different setup with no 4K receiver, so that must be why the RP was still using HDMI2.

Incidentally, I also opened a case with Sony, and their rather unhelpful response was to connect my Sky box to HDMI2 instead. That's fine, except there's no ARC on HDMI2....

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

Danny