Join now - be part of our community!

RMF-TX100E Touchpad Remote Problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

RMF-TX100E Touchpad Remote Problems

My Bravia KDX49X8305 is having problems with the RMF-TX100E touchpad remote control.

After a while (usually the same day) it stops responding apart from the TV can be put into standby by it but not back out, nothing else will work either.

I reinitialise the remote then pair with the tv and it all works again for a few hours then suddenly only the standby function works again.

I have also tried setting the remote up using the Bluetooth function on the tv but its exactly the same.

The batteries are both showing 1.5v so its not that, anyone else had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Update - having conducted another factory reset the touchpad remote has worked fine over the last 2 days, the voice search is also now working which it didn't before.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have seen this issue on the forums before:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/touchpad-remote-rmf-tx100e-issues/td-p/2110999

Unfortunately I no one has posted back a solution. 

Before I pass this onto Sony Support, can you confirm you have done the following (they will only ask you this anyhow).

• Ensure that you are on the latest firmware (version 3.533 - released on 07-11-2016) - See HERE
  • Once firmware is the latest, factory reset the TV.  See instructions HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Now this is strange, having initialised and then paired the remote yet again yesterday morning, by the afternoon it's functions had reverted back to only being able to put the TV into standby and nothing else.

I tried it several times during the evening but putting the TV into standby was all it would do.

This afternoon it's working fine again and still is 21:20 pm.

PS I really like the functionallity of the remote control when playing back recordings, having said that could Sony please please incorporate a time display when fast forwarding, rewinding etc

Yes I am on the latest firmware Nov 7th

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I understand that you are on the latest firmware, but can you also confirm if you have done a factory reset of the TV as well?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Yes I did the full factory reset a few days ago but it didn't change anything, strangely the remote has worked OK now since late last night and I have given it a good workout on and off all day since early this morning.

I'm now wondering if it could be an interrmitent fault with the remote, I will persevere and see what happens and report back at some point.

Is there a way of testing if the remote is ouputting a command during a button press without involving the TV?

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Update - having conducted another factory reset the touchpad remote has worked fine over the last 2 days, the voice search is also now working which it didn't before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - thanks for posting back - fingers crossed it remains that way :slight_smile: