Join now - be part of our community!

satellite & cable in 8k

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

satellite & cable in 8k

Hiya all , just wondering if I could get some advice regarding the new sony KD-75ZH8 8K tv.

In the specification it states it takes cable 1 & satellite 2 connection's . will cable & satellite tv be in 8K with the ultimate processor .

As all the stores in Dublin don't have the tv on display & can only order it online for you.  they can't tell you anything else regarding the tv, some never even heard of it ,lol.

Thanks again everyone for taking time to read .Cheers 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi @Josoap  which advice are you looking for? There are still no real review on it

https://youtu.be/sh6EPoEOFxU

Step into the breathtaking world of big screen 8K with the ZH8: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions/zh8-series Incredibly detailed pictures, immersive sound and our refined one-slate design come together to immerse you in the action. Here, Sony's Gavin McCarron explores the technology ...
profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Hiya rooobb thanks for the reply.  

I was wondering , if the satellite & cable channels would be upscaled to 8K picture with the new XL ultimate processor  thats in the ZH8.  because none of the stores have it on display they can't really help.  

Thanks again for your help 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Josoap upscale to the actual tv native resolution is mandatory on any tv otherway you'd see a small rectangle inside the screen to mantain the source resolution.

Than it depends on the quality of the upscaler (from a basic replication of each pixel 4 times to object recognition and rendering) and on this Sony is generally recognized as one of the best if not the best.

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

Thanks rooobb for your help.  

you just convinced me to go for it lol thanks a mill.  just a pity its not on display in any of the stores.  but definitely going to purchase it.

thanks again pal 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are welcome! be aware that often this size of panels (and cost) are not readily available on store. But maybe if you talk we a shop owner they may arrange something if you show real interest in buying it

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

I have been talking with a rep from Harvey Norman and she can order it for me , so I'll  ring her next. 

Thanks again so much for your help rooobb 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Let us know something about being an owner of an 8k tv when you get it, I'm curious :wink:

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

lol , i sure will at the moment im using the KD-65A1 4K and  its excellent so if its that good in 4k, im like a kid on Xmas morning with the ZH8.  plus the ps5 to come too  . i feel a heart attack coming on lol.

Thanks so much for your time and help your an absolute gentleman.