Join now - be part of our community!

Satellite, Favourites, TouchPad and other problems KD-55X8508C

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Satellite, Favourites, TouchPad and other problems KD-55X8508C

1. Satellite channels re-sorting themselves automatically
2. Satellite channels after search are placed from number 101 and above. Moving
them under 101 does not work because of problem No1.
3. Satellite Favourites are LOST if a satellite search is executed again(Even a manual search for one Frequency).
4. Satellite browsing in Favourites with PROG +/- occasionally mixes with Digital(DVB-T) channels.
5. No indication: (Channel mode is Digital or General Satellite) when changing from Favourites to Digital or to General Satellite
6. Favourites are not numbered as 1, 2, 3 ... but keep their initial number from General Satellite list
6. Browsing channels Digital or General Satellite or Favourites there is an indication on Upper bar of display only of D or S. No indication of Favourites. You can see only a sign of D or S, Channel name, Date and time, program info, program number BUT NOT Favourites 1, 2, 3 or 4.
7. DISCOVER Menu appears 50 seconds after reboot.
8. Touchpad Remote makes TV UNRESPONSIVE. Even if NOT used, batteries are quickly
exchausted because it never puts itself in stby. I don't know if this can be solved with new software version. Latest is 9.1.33.044.
- I had an unresponsive TV for many hours, no channel change, no Discover Menu, no Action Menu, no Home Screen, no soft reboot. Only unplug from mains, wait for 15 seconds and power on. After reboot worked for a few minutes and then again nothing responded. I was ready to perform a factory default but heard a continous whistle noise from TouchPad Remote RMF-TX100E. Removed batteries, unplugged mains from TV, reboot and everything worked fine. Inserted batteries to TouchPad, heard same whistle again, Touchpad did not respond and could not be paired and after a few minutes the TV did not also respond. Replaced (NEW batteries) on TouchPad, whistle noise stopped, Unplugged and reboot TV set, the TouchPad was paired instantly with the normal procedure and the TV has no response problem after that.
- All above No8 problem means that the TouchPad remote CAN CAUSE TV NOT RESPONDING if batteries are exchausted. I did not use TouchPad Remote the same way with Remote Control but only a few times. This also means that batteries are exchausted even if TouchPad Remote IS NOT USED. It never switches  to STBY.

- Now what I suggest to all of us before doing a Firmware Update. Unpair  your TouchPad Remote from Settings->Network & Accessories->Bluetooth settings-Device list and remove its batteries. After finish Firmware Update perform pairing again.

- What I cannot know is if all other Bluetooth devices can cause similar problems but I believe that they should be unpaired before any Firmware Update.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable