Join now - be part of our community!

Satellite settings menu hangs awfully

StalkAlex
Explorer

Satellite settings menu hangs awfully

I have Sony KDL-43W755C model. Last firmware. When I open digital/satelite menu it hangs awfully, it's almost impossible to make some changes there. It takes 10-20 seconds to change one menu item to another, but main problem for me is I can't open transponder settings in satellite setup. So I have gigantic list of channels after automatic search for 36 degree satellite, but I want concrete transponders. So please tell me, what should I do to stop this freezes or where I can delete some channels that have already been found? This is only menu that hangs, all other things in TV works perfectly. Sorry for my English. 

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to deleting channels, its far easier to export/import them and then edit the list on a computer.

Download Sony Editor:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-editor/sony-editor

In regards to freezing etc, try a factory reset as it can help.  However, there will be another update soon which may help with this too.

Cheers

StalkAlex
Explorer

Thank you for your help. Editor is much easier way to edit channels as you say, but after edititng TV doesn't want to import new list, it says import was unsuccessful. I tried to import list after export straight away, it works and show list information. I guess this utility should be updated. Now it's not working. And today also new update flew, after updating I was able to open transponders menu in satellite setup and manually add those I want. Thanks again for help.

StalkAlex
Explorer

BTW, I haven't found option to change FEC in satellite settings for a specific frequency search, is this possible?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

No you can't.

Menu and options are unfortunately, very very poor for satellite channels.

I think this is Auto. You don't need to set.