Join now - be part of our community!

Screen mirroring KD-55XE8599

profile.country.SE.title
d10a1v15s0c90n32
Explorer

Screen mirroring KD-55XE8599

Hi,

try to connect my Lenovo MIIX PC with Windows 10 to my Bravia KD-55XE8599 and it nearly works.

I can see my computers desktop bu tthere is a lag of around 30 second on everything I do on the computer and until it is showed on my Bravia.

Not much to have actually.

Regards

Dag

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
tehmalazn
Explorer

I have a KD55x7000D and am having similar issue, can connect via wireless mirroring fine, but very significant delay which exponentially becomes worse to the point where the displayed image is frozen. I am trying to connect with a microsoft surface laptop and similar thing happens when I try an asus laptop (both windows 10). Other devices such as mobile phones seem to work without issue. Casting from google chrome also works fine (only minor lag). Have used this same surface laptop to screen mirror with an LG TV without issues. Connecting via HDMI cable solves the issue but this is not wireless! So it appears to be an issue with the sony wireless mirroring (?miracast). All computer and TV drivers and updates are up to date. 

profile.country.GB.title
unicycle25
Explorer

I am having the exact same issue. 

UPDATE (I made a video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGq4QmRKA3E

I've tried all the seeming normal solutions like resetting everything, changing router channels AND the crazy solutions like running a web browser when you start the mirroring vs. not. 

NO SUCCESS.

The lag grows exponentially.  That is the strangest part.  At the beginning of the mirror, it starts with maybe about a 1/2 second delay.  But it keeps getting worse. 

By the way, my computer (Dell XPS 15 i7) mirrors perfectly with 2 different Samsung Smart TVs.  The Sony TV is the problem.  

profile.country.CH.title
phihuber6
New

I have the exact same issue!

With newest Windows in June 2018!

This is just one more disapointment in the Sony support. It's like the general moto is: Just let the users discuss their issues and let them help them selves, no need to actually do anything.

It is really easy to reproduce this issue! Just connect a windows laptop over wireless to a bravia.

I can confirm that delay and that it gets slower exponentially.
I can also confirm that if I play a youtube video, it immediately gets fast and reactive. When the video is finished, it gets slow, very slow, again.

It could as well be a Windows issue but as a user I do not want to research for two multi-billion enterprises! (Sony & Microsoft)

I really expect them to fix this issue and restore user trust and satisfaction!

Tackle it Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
arun1986
New

Hi, I have purchased Sony Bracis 49" 7500F from UAE and I am facing similar issue stated above.

1) I tried to connect Sony with my Hp laptop having Intel HD5500 / AMD R5 M3303 laptop, but the lag almost freezes the TV screen for more than 5 mins

2) I have tried to screen mirrior the same latopn with Samsung 43" Nu 7100 , it worked fine

3) Screen mirriong and chromecast works fine with my Samsung Note 8

4) Infact I went on to exchange my Samsug for Sony and I end up with this.

5) I tried all solution mentioned above but no luck. It seems like there some sort compatability issue with Windows and Android

profile.country.FR.title
hymced

Hey there,

same problem here in the French community, still not solved by SONY since first encountered in 2016 :

https://community.sony.fr/t5/televiseurs/sony-tv-kd-43xe8096-et-screen-mirroring-avec-win-10-ne-fonc...

profile.country.GB.title
luigi79_italy
New

Hi,

same issue but I have found a quite  easy solution.

Basically if you have a smart tv, you should have a device which runs an Android OS.

Therefore all "Android" smart TV must include Chromecast capability (not that sure actually..)

Anyway, I hope your Sony TV has Chromecast feature  🙂

Thus you follow these instructions you find below

https://www.lifewire.com/use-chromecast-to-show-windows-desktop-4129536

It worked fine.

Cheers