Join now - be part of our community!

Setting up Sonos Arc on 2018 Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Setting up Sonos Arc on 2018 Bravia

Hi 

We have KD49XF9005 model, (It only has arc rather than earc etc?

Connected using arc out to Soundbar etc. Added Soundbar via the Sonos app and completed installation successfully. Unfortunately, sound still coming through TV speakers. 

As far as tv settings go: Tv is recognising external speakers and Dolby Digital Plus is shown. 

Only thing I can’t find is cec hdmi settings to set in “watching tv/external inputs”- jyst not there.

Any wisdom would be much appreciated. 

(Know I won’t get Atmos without earc)

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Update. Sorry-just realised it’s Bravia Sync for CEC. Will check when I get home and advise.

Ta

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Hi

Still perplexed. The Bravia sync control is greyed out. When you select, it says “doesn’t operate when Sony enabled audio device is used”. Is that what you’d expect with the Soundbar connected? 

When you select the Bravia sync device list, Sky  Q and the Sonos are listed. I enable and get the message that command has been sent to enable etc. Not sure what else I can do?

It may be that Soundbar is working, but nowhere near what I was expecting. (Vast upgrade on tv speakers, even without Dolby Atmos) 

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@SteveStacey 

ARC relies on CEC (known as Bravia Sync on Sony kit).

So it would make sense for that control to be greyed out when you are using ARC, so you can’t accidentally or deliberately turn CEC off, thereby stopping your ARC from working.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Yep, agree it makes sense. I’m just v underwhelmed and unimpressed with the Arc’s performance. V quiet, no better than TV speakers etc.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @SteveStacey 

Could you try to adjust the audio output settings from here https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/faep1/v1/en/04-04_02.html

As per this link, it says that if you connect a Bravia sync compatible device, you should be able to use the feature.

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Thanks. I think I’m good now. (Made necessary tweaks to TV, Sky Q and Sonos)