Join now - be part of our community!

slight dark corner in bottom left corner and sides of my 8 day old kd-43xe8077 tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MrPerfectPic
New

slight dark corner in bottom left corner and sides of my 8 day old kd-43xe8077 tv

Hey guys,

I bought a Sony Bravia KD-43XE8077 8 days ago from Currys.

Mostly very happy with purchase but I think there is an issue with the screen as there is a small dark shadow in the bottom left corner and slight dark shadow along the sides of the tv this is almost un-noticeable but can be seen on full colour screen and white/grey scenes.  The wife doesn't even notice it but I do, I don't want to take it back after 30 days as I feel within 30 days things are easier to take back etc so my question is:

Is this normal for this tv?

If I take it back will I expect to see a similar thing elsewhere on the tv - and  might it be even worse?

I've attached a photo, let me know what you think.IMG_2868.JPG

Also there is a very small and very un-noticeable  5mm border that goes around the screen and make the picture slightly discoloured in that border, I popped to currys and noticed it was present in the shop screens also so I think this is just part of the TV, has anyone else noticed this on their XE80 ?  I could probably live this border-thing.

thanks in advance for your advice!

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
MrPerfectPic
New

Hi guys,

I took it back today and the staff agreed that the sides were slightly darker, but when we tried the same picture on the showroom tv it was the same, so conclusion was that it was as it should be and not a fault.

In any case its much better pic quality than my 10 year old panasonic plasma (which I loved by the way and will be sad to see it go) so I'll try and start to enjoy the new TV.

cheers

steve.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
onesmallstep1966
Explorer

The uniformity of your screen looks very good to me, well within specification.

profile.country.GB.title
MrPerfectPic
New

So you think its not a fault?

Would I look a bit daft taking it back to shop to show them?

cheers for the replies!

steve.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend going back to the store where you purchased who will be happy to advise you on this further.

Let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
MrPerfectPic
New

Yes I think I will try they are not that heavy afterall!

Will you let you know how I get on.

profile.country.GB.title
MrPerfectPic
New

Hi guys,

I took it back today and the staff agreed that the sides were slightly darker, but when we tried the same picture on the showroom tv it was the same, so conclusion was that it was as it should be and not a fault.

In any case its much better pic quality than my 10 year old panasonic plasma (which I loved by the way and will be sad to see it go) so I'll try and start to enjoy the new TV.

cheers

steve.