Join now - be part of our community!

Smart IPTV application not working on XD70 after 6.0614 upgrade - siptv.eu

SOLVED
Metosoula
Explorer

Smart IPTV application not working on XD70 after 6.0614 upgrade - siptv.eu

Hi,

I bought my tv few weeks before the latest update frimware 6.0614 was out.

The application SIPTV (smart IPTV eu) was working fine, and other streaming applications.

After the auto update, all the channels are not running with error "Streaming failed".

I tested the same channels with same streaming from same network on other smart tv and they are working fine.

After checking the website of the application, it says the following:

http://siptv.eu/news/

"Users are reporting that the recent firmware update version 6.0614 for Sony Android TVs (XD, SD, ZD series) published on 2016-11-30 breaks functionality of the app. Please DO NOT UPDATE to avoid problems.

If you have already updated, try downgrading firmware manually or contact Sony support.

Nothing can be fixed in the app, since it works fine on all other Android devices."

I'm not sure if Sony are working on solution or I should downgrade? how to do that on KD-55XD7005? or maybe any workaround fix?

P.S: this is happening with other TV android application for IPTV.

Thank you,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is a difficult one - simply because the apps available on the Google Play TV Store are not Sony's responsibility.  The the apps such as SIPTV and QHDTV2 (as you mentioned) are the development responsibility of the companies behind them and then needs to conform to the requirements of Google. 

As this worked before the firmware update on the TV, it stands to reason that the firmware update has prevented use of these apps for whatever reason.

Now, I have looked into what these apps are, they seem specifically designed to watch 'pirate' streams (please correct me if im wrong!), but it does appear to me that is the case.  Therefore I am going on a guess here, that Sony may have 'blocked' the use of these apps for this specific purpose. 

To support what I have said above, according to your link : http://siptv.eu/news/

SmartIPTV.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Install Kodi, enable the IPTV plugin (I forgot the name, but there is plenty of documentation in Internet) and you'll have a better life. The way it's organised is simply fantastic, even better than many digital television interfaces. It takes a while to learn how to configure it, but the final result is simply great. And then with Kodi you can do much more, not only IPTV. It even has a Plex plugin! Although I am not using it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not familiar with SIPTV and hence I am unsure on how to help you at this stage.  Can you please tell me what country you are located in and whether this is a built in app on the TV or is it available to be installed from the Google Play TV Store (or do you install it via other means i.e. sideloading)

Can you also tell me a little about this SIPTV app?  What does it do etc.

Even though SIPTV advises trying to downgrade the firmware - unfortunately this is not possible.

Cheers

Metosoula
Explorer

Hi Friend,

im located in Bulgaria.

the siptv is app from google tv play store.

the app is to run iptv channels playlist like m3u.

before the upgrade, the streaming was working fine but after that, it looks like it is restricted, or no permission to internet.

same issue with the app QHDTV 2 (same functionality)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is a difficult one - simply because the apps available on the Google Play TV Store are not Sony's responsibility.  The the apps such as SIPTV and QHDTV2 (as you mentioned) are the development responsibility of the companies behind them and then needs to conform to the requirements of Google. 

As this worked before the firmware update on the TV, it stands to reason that the firmware update has prevented use of these apps for whatever reason.

Now, I have looked into what these apps are, they seem specifically designed to watch 'pirate' streams (please correct me if im wrong!), but it does appear to me that is the case.  Therefore I am going on a guess here, that Sony may have 'blocked' the use of these apps for this specific purpose. 

To support what I have said above, according to your link : http://siptv.eu/news/

SmartIPTV.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Install Kodi, enable the IPTV plugin (I forgot the name, but there is plenty of documentation in Internet) and you'll have a better life. The way it's organised is simply fantastic, even better than many digital television interfaces. It takes a while to learn how to configure it, but the final result is simply great. And then with Kodi you can do much more, not only IPTV. It even has a Plex plugin! Although I am not using it.

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

@Metosoula

Is SmartIPTV app working since they updated it day's ago!!!!