Join now - be part of our community!

Software on TV not supported

profile.country.IE.title
SonySoftwarenotSupported
Explorer

Software on TV not supported

ASSUME THIS IS FOR ALL SONY TV's. I bought a KD-55XH9005 TV. All seemed fine but after two weeks I discovered that the reccord function from the TV Guide failed repeatedly. If it failed once the only way to get round this issue was to reset the TV to factory settings and go again. This has happened now multiple times. I contacted SONY support and they said they do not support the software. This is the software that SONY provided with the TV. I am now left with a TV that does not work and SONY will do nothing about it. This is not what I expected from a professional company. They say its not their software, its not mine!!! SONY put it on the TV. What can a customer do. I am out 1000euro as a result and I have a TV that I can't use. Sony say 'sorry for the inconvenience', I find the whole thing bizarre. SONY sell a product which they confirm themselves has an issue but will not support me with the issue. It has been now been 9 months . How could I ever trust this company again. Not supporting the software provided with your device is unbelieveable.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IE.title
SonySoftwarenotSupported
Explorer

Factory reset done several times, all software up to date. I have had to describe the issue to Sony Support several times (the same name on support emails all the time - in Egypt). Software all up to date. I have to take legal action to get my money back. Never did anything like this before so while I believe I should be entitled you never know. Not sure why my software would work differently than others. I have tried with multiple hard drives and no difference. If the simple record worked consistently I would have been happy, I have never gone near series recording.

profile.country.IE.title
SonySoftwarenotSupported
Explorer

Done quite a few factory resets. It's the only way to clear the issue with the recording. When clear it might last for about 2 weeks then its reset again. That added to the restart issue, the TV randomly restarts by itself, Sony provided a fix but, I have to do this each time I do a factory reset and also there is a message from the TV that the 'Fix' uses more power!!!! As if the above was not enough now the remote control 'back' key is getting stuck. Either I am really unlucky or SONY product is in serious decline.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey SonySoftwarenotSupported, I noticed that your TV restarts by itself? If that's correct, this is what you should focus on with Sony as this is a known fault with older TVS.