Join now - be part of our community!

SONY 4K KD-49XD8305 subtitles issues.

panos1980
Explorer

SONY 4K KD-49XD8305 subtitles issues.

Hi there,

I just bought the SONY 4K KD-49XD8305 and upgraded to latest firmware. The TV is unable to load the subtitles from my NAS.....

any ideas??

I am using Qnap with Twonky media and with the samsung TV I had before (5 years old TV) was working fine. I will get very unhappy if a tv of this cost (with android!!!) is not able to playback from DLNA server correctly.

I don't want to install 3rd party applications for playback etc kodi....

If someone has any workaround I would be very grateful if he could share it with me....

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @panos1980

Did you try renaming the subtitle and giving exactly the same name with video file?

The extension .srt must not be changed of course.

panos1980
Explorer

Hi MiCal,

thanks for the reply.

All the movies contain srt file with the same naming. The tv can load the subs if I connect the disk on the usb port. The issue has to do with the DLNA. Using DLNA, with source the same usb disk, tv is able to load subtitles only from internet and not the srt file.

Personally I don't think so that it will work with the embedded player. I need to donwload another one but I am not sure if there is a good one....

BR,

Panos 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi Panos

I use VLC for my Archer VR900(linux) connected USB3.0 disk and only selected as smb. Not upnp. Upnp does not find subs. Gives only an option to Download(web)

Try VLC. It's OK lately. Before playback adjust your character code(Κωδικοποίηση κειμένου υποτίτλων) (Greek Windows-1253).

I don't know why Google does not fix their Video player app. They know the upnp issue but they don't fix.

sebciu1
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry but play some movies without 3rd part of apps it's impossible. Use EsFile Explorer to brows your network and play movies by MX Player, VLC or Kodi (in Kodi u can add NAS's folder).

panos1980
Explorer

Hi there and thanks for the reply.

Finally I realized that but I can't accept it so easy. Samsung TVs with the half price or less are able to play movies through twonky media with the subtitles smoothly. Sony should have a look in to the competition and be aligned.