Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
davewaite

Hi all..my tv has just been replaced under the insurance..just enjoyed two 3D films with NO screen format full pop up..update done..new tv..no issues as far as I can see...

davewaite

Yes all seems to be cured following the installation of my replacement tv this afternoon ..update done..sat through Jurassic World and Terminator 3D and NO Screen format full pop ups..only had to wait 4 months for this. .thank god at bloody last!! :slight_smile:

pye-eater
Explorer

Thanks minimalbliss.. Used the settings on the link and I would say there is a definitely an improvement in picture quality.  :slight_smile:

minimalbliss
Explorer

Hey conor!

Good to hear. Did you enter the settings for all ten gamma points? The user interface on the tv doesn't make it too clear how to do it.

I tend to have higher brightness settings for 3d but all the other settings the same.

pye-eater
Explorer

Yes thanks it took a little while to understand the interface but got there with a bit fumbling !! 

I have not tried 3D but Netflix is clearer

RogRog62
New

I'm glad to report that since my 65 inch 4k 3D sony Bravia updated itself 2 days ago there have been NO pop ups on screen during 3D programming from my Sky+ box...however I have never had this problem when watching 3D Blu Ray discs so assume that the problem was always linked to fact that Sky show 3D in the 'side by side' 3D method whereas the 3D panasonic blu ray player uses the one on one 3D system....anyway the good news is that the problems appear to be fixed