Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55XE9005 - Image Flickers/Pulses

profile.country.GB.title
andy0011
Explorer

Sony 55XE9005 - Image Flickers/Pulses

I purchased this TV in November and have been very pleased with it since then but last night I came home and turned it on and quickly noticed that the image seemed to be flickering/pulsing about twice a second.

I tried different inputs and connections and it is present on them all so I tried a factory reset but that had no effect.

Is this a known fault and if so is there a solution?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @andy0011 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

If you have tried to reset with no luck then

its probably best you contact support on +44 (0) 2073652810

Keep us posted.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @andy0011,

if you haven't yet tried it, you could unplug your TVs power cable and re-connect it after a few minutes.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
andy0011
Explorer

Thanks for the tip, I unplugged it from the mains last night but haven't checked it since so guess I will find out if it sorted it tonight, have been in contact with Sony and they have asked me to record some video of the flickering/pulsing which I will do tonight (if it is still there)

profile.country.GB.title
andy0011
Explorer

No joy, as soon as I powered it up and turned on Netflix the pulsing was there so I took some video of it as requested and emailed it to Sony.

Strange thing though is that in the last 30 minutes the pulsing has stopped and it’s acting normal but obviously something isn’t right.

wintord
New

It is a comman reoccuring fault that will just get worse. I had the same problem develope on mine. That started has an occasional issue, to then being like it most the time. There is plenty of videos and discussions of this tv fault in this range online. So sony know about it, there just reluctant to change the tv's.

I Found if you keep changing the input flicking through bright and pure black ines with nothjng showing on screen you can stop it for a while but it always comes back at some point.

I have just had mine swopped out for a replacement tv. The engineer did not even come to see the tv to try repair it. He knew straight away in a call that it could not be repaired cost effectively and just ordered a swop out for replacement and said when he was here its something in this range he has seen a few times.

So would recomment you ask them to get a repair person in touch with you in a phone call to them. So they can then sort you a replacement TV. Then keep fingers crossed dont end up with another faulty replacement in time.  ( note if sony wont replace the place of purchase has a legal requirment to sort any faults for first 2 years under EU law ).

Hope that was of some help to you.

profile.country.GB.title
andy0011
Explorer

Have already sent off the video of the fault as requested but I don’t expect to hear anything until Monday but I am sure they will repair or replace it no problem, it’s only 3 months old after all and it comes with a 5 year guarantee.

Since it stopped pulsing yesterday evening I have watched a few hours on content and it has behaved normally so far but like you say I am sure it’s only a matter of time before it starts happening again so definitely going to get it sorted.

profile.country.GB.title
andy0011
Explorer

Well I was told on Monday that it was faulty and that they would arrange for a replacement TV and that I should receive a call within 6 hours, needless to say there was no call so I tried them again today and was told an engineer has viewed the video and the fault can be fixed so a new TV is not required and that I should receive a call within 4 hours to arrange the repair but I'm not holding my breath.

profile.country.IT.title
Ander84

Same here, present on three NEW panel (first the one I bought,than  replaced unit then another one), same defect... last one: https://youtu.be/oVubvL-Z6z0 . I am in contact with local assistance for the umpteenth substitution practice. I begin to think there is a lot of faulty hardware.

profile.country.GB.title
andy0011
Explorer

I ended up having the whole TV replaced last March and since then it was functioned flawlessly, very happy with it.