Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 9305 connecting to Wifi - Can't find Select-button

SOLVED
veispe
Explorer

Sony 9305 connecting to Wifi - Can't find Select-button

Hi, I bought Sony 9305 and I tried to connect it to Wifi. In the Password-field it says you should press Select-button. I can't find it. There is no Select-button in my Remote-control. Is there any solution to that?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The on-screen keyboard (pic below) should appear on the screen upon pressing the 'select' or 'OK' button upon going into the password box.

Step 1:

When you get to this Screen:

Android TV - Wifi.JPG

Step 2:

Press this button:

Select Button.jpg

Step 3:

This screen will appear - Type in your Wifi password.  To change to upper and lower case, use the Up arrow button on the onscreen keyboard

Android TV - On Screen Keyboard.JPG

Cheers

View solution in original post

veispe
Explorer

I turned my tv to english. It looks like it helped! Thanks!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The 'select' button they are referring to is probably the middle button between the arrow keys (also referred to an an 'OK' button).

Select Button.jpg

Cheers

veispe
Explorer

Should it open a text and numbers field where I can pick up letters and numbers?

My password contains capital letters and numbers. When I press remote buttons there comes only numbers. No letters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Without knowing exactly wants on your screen its hard to answer - but yes you can or should be able to input Text, Numbers and special characters.  Sometimes theres a button on the onscreen keyboard that you press to change between them other times pressing the red button on your remote control will do it.

Same as changing the case from lowercase to uppercase.  Theres a 'shift' button on the onscreen keyboard (arrow pointing upwards).

Cheers

veispe
Explorer

For some reason there comes no text and numbers field on the screen. 

My remote has letters but I can't select them. Maybe there is a solution to that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The on-screen keyboard (pic below) should appear on the screen upon pressing the 'select' or 'OK' button upon going into the password box.

Step 1:

When you get to this Screen:

Android TV - Wifi.JPG

Step 2:

Press this button:

Select Button.jpg

Step 3:

This screen will appear - Type in your Wifi password.  To change to upper and lower case, use the Up arrow button on the onscreen keyboard

Android TV - On Screen Keyboard.JPG

Cheers

veispe
Explorer

I've tried every trick. I connected LAN off. Still I can't connect to Wifi. There is no way to get text and numbers to screen and remote control gives only numbers.

Why is this so difficult?

veispe
Explorer

Ok, I'll try this. Let's hope it helps.

veispe
Explorer

Didn't work. Cursor just blinks in the password field. No keyboard on screen.

veispe
Explorer

I turned my tv to english. It looks like it helped! Thanks!