Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AF8 turn on from standby issue

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

Sony AF8 turn on from standby issue

I've updated my Sony AF8 to Oreo and I now have the following issue. The tv wont wake up from standby in the evening but if I turn off/on at the wall it powers on? What's even more strange is that it only happens in the evening.

For example, I watched tv last night and turned it off using the green button on its remote. Just tried this morning and its turned on but I know that when I go to turn it back on this evening it wont work. Will have to turn off/on at the wall and back on.

I updated the tv using the usb method on Sony's website and I downloaded the software from it as well.

Has any one else come across this issue?

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
alexandersslot
New

I have a relatively new Bravia 55XE9005 with the exactly same problem. Recently, after update, it won't come on unless mains is switched off then on again. Happens about twice a week. I will try removing the USB stick which appears to cure the same problem of other customers but it really needs a software fix. And while you are at it Sony needs to do something about the fact that Sony TVs will only allow you to receive Satellite channels if you do not activate the YouView feature. It's very disappointing finding that you can't get all the features you paid for after you have purchased the TV.

Tags (1)