Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AG9 - TV purchased yesterday - a couple of question

profile.country.GB.title
andrew.rowleyq
Explorer

Sony AG9 - TV purchased yesterday - a couple of question

Hi all,

I purchased the Sony 65" AG9 yesterday and getting to grips with it and likeing it so far. I have a couple of teething problems/questions that hopefully some of you already have come across or know how to resolve.

1. On the bottom right of the screen there is a blue (what looks to be pull-able) plastic tab - however it seems to be really glued on, rather than an easy peel - however it obviously looks like it should be pulled off - did you end up pulling it off? Its not clear whether it pulls off a protection strip along the whole bottom bezel - as looking closely it only appears to be 1 inch or so long? Its very hard to tell, but I don't think there is a protection film on the OLED screen itself other than the plastic bag is came wrapped in?

2. Have you found a way to lower the volume of the Google Assistant voice response? She is very loud when she responds to a question - the TV volume isn't set that high, but she seems to shout her response back which isn't great for night time watching?

3. I have a SONOS Playbar and I don't seem to be able to control both the Sonos Playbar volume and use the TV remote control bluetooth features simultaneously (such as the voice search). The Sonos volume control works fine (so the remote must have IR in it) but when the Bluetooth feature is enabled on the remote control, then that stops working - therefore was wondering can you have both IR and Bluetooth at the same time? Its pretty annoying that I can't seem to have both things work. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

(Google Assistant voice response? She is very loud when she responds to a question).

This voice Google Assistant voice sound level has to be louder than the TV otherwise you would not break through to hear it.

You must already have your TV sound far too high for this to happen.

profile.country.GB.title
andrew.rowleyq
Explorer

Hmmmm thanks - she is way louder than the TV or film dialogue that is being played before she responds

On google home devices you can set her volume, but I can't see to find a way to do it via the integrated TV version

Maybe will come as a later feature.

profile.country.GB.title
itsbirt
New

I have same issue with Sonos + Remote - seems Sony have disabled the IR when bluetooth is enabled and will not allow it to use both... very irritating