Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 43XE8396 recording

profile.country.GB.title
apttony
New

Sony Bravia 43XE8396 recording

After researching various options via the Sony website, we recently purchased a Sony Bravia 43XE8396 television. One of the main prerequisites was its flexible potential for recording programmes of the 4K models.

I quote from your online documentation . . . . .

"Frequently Asked Questions - USB HDD Recording and Twin Picture

Live recording:

2K models: Allowing you to record live broadcasting, while still enjoying content from other inputs such as Blu-ray Discs, online streaming services and Internet browsing.
4K models (equipped with Twin Tuner): Allowing you to record one channel while watching another or still enjoy content from other inputs such as Blu-ray Discs, online streaming services and Internet browsing.

Full Timer Recording:

2K models: Allowing you to schedule recordings.
4K models (equipped with Twin Tuner): Allowing you to watch and schedule multiple channels simultaneously."

Having set the TV up with a HDD drive memory attached, we have been unable to perform any multiple recordings, and once the time is reached for any preset recording, the television immediately reverts to display the scheduled programme.

Returning to your on-line Help, I can find no information what-so-ever relating to this alleged ability to ". . . to watch and schedule multiple channels simultaneously.".

Neither can I find any information relative to 4K models (equipped with Twin Tuner);

Can somebody please enlighten me?

Tony

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I suspect this is meant to imply that 2K models are single tuner and that 4K models may or may not be dual. Unfortunately the Sony published spec for the 43XE8396 does say 'single' tuner.

Two thirds of the way down under 'Built in Tuner'

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-43xe8396/speci...

Built-in Tuner
Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable)
1(Digital/Analog)
Number of Tuners (Sat)
TV System (Analog)
B/G,D/K,I
Tuner Channel Coverage (Analog)
45.25MHz-863.25MHz(Depend on country selection)
TV System (Digital Terrestrial)
DVB-T/T2
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial)
VHF/UHF(Depend on country selection)