Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 55W805C is showing black screen

profile.country.GB.title
JakoAusWien
New

Sony Bravia 55W805C is showing black screen

Hi! I hope someone has a suggestion for my Bravia 55W805C.

The TV is showing nothng but a black screen after turning it on. The light on the bottom is blinking and it shows the android logo after pressing the power button, then nothing.

This happened without any prior incident. I was watching TV on my Sat-Receiver through HDMI 1, then i wanted to switch to Netflix and pressed the Netflix-button on the remote. Nothing happened but sound and image were still fine. Switching off the TV also did not work, so I thought that the remote control batteries must be empty. I replaced them but the remote still did nothing. So i tried to turn off the TV with the buttons on the back (TV was showing sound and image still). This also did not work. I waited 20 mins, tried again. Nothing. I then pulled the plug, waited 1 min, plugged it back in. Now all I can do is turn on the TV and look at a black screen. The white light on the bottom also turns itself off after a few mins. No buttons on the remote work, neither Home, nor Help. 

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be here? Or has the Bravia died on me after 2 years? Any anwsers will be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

From the symptoms it seems the motherboard but you should contact a support center to get a real diagnosis. BTW your tv is 5 years old, not two