Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 55XE8096

profile.country.GB.title
alex_duma
New

Sony Bravia 55XE8096

I have the following problems, especially after the update it made few months ago.

1. turning on (from the remote off/on, not restart nor power off) takes about 10 secs to show image. I did a Factory Reset and seems marginally better but still a problem.

2. satellite channels are ocassionally lost and trying to set them up again does not work. After one week without tv I found a workaround. If I try from the menu other satellite instead of Orange(my provider) the channels apear again (even without a full search). However it asks every time I turn the TV on to look them up. I need to press no (or back on the remote) and then normal function is restored.

3. Quite often video becomes corrupted both in android apps (youtube, netflix, etc) but also for TV channels, as if video decoder does something wrong. Restarting TV from the remote does nothing, but going to Settings/About/Restart solves the issue temporarily. Factory reset did no improvment on this.

as a mention, I do not have any other apps installed then those that came with the tv, and the above issues apear after a clean factory reset. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

This sounds quite frustrating.  Can you make sure that your TV has the latest software update which usually fixes these kinds of problems.  You can find out how to perform an update here.

If you have the latest software version already then I would suggest getting in touch with the support team here for further help.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc