Join now - be part of our community!

sony bravia android tv and airplay

SOLVED
angevee
New

sony bravia android tv and airplay

hi, recently purchased this tv and really happy with it. i was wondering if its possible to play the audio from tv to a b + w airplay speaker?

thanks for your help 

Ange

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think you may be referring to one of these things:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-Extender-Function/dp/B00JKFGGAE/

I have no experience with this type of kit, but i can assume that it will introduce an audio delay/lag.  You would need an adaptor as well to connect to the tvs headphone jack.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it is not possible.  An external audio system for the TV must be connected to the TV via one of three ways:

• HDMI
  • Optical
  • Audio Out/headphone jack

Cheers

Hi.  I have a follow up question.  Given that audio out must be in one of three ways you state, how do I get audio to my old Lin sondek speakers which are currently hard wired to an analogue amp which is connected and controlled by AirPlay, but not in the vicinity of the TV.   

Do do I need a transmitter with optical input that can transmit to and be recognised by AirPlay/airport utility? If so what is the technical term for such a unit and how can I be sure my airport express will recognise it?

alternatively, do I need a wireless transmitter and receiver, one for the tv and one for the amp?  If so, what are these things? I can see the logic but have no idea of the technical spec I am looking for.

nb. If possible I'd prefer a wireless set up rather than Bluetooth.

can anyone help? I've tried researching and am bamboozled by the technical options, compatibility etc.

thanks in advance. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think you may be referring to one of these things:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-Extender-Function/dp/B00JKFGGAE/

I have no experience with this type of kit, but i can assume that it will introduce an audio delay/lag.  You would need an adaptor as well to connect to the tvs headphone jack.

Cheers