Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia. horizontal and vertical lines

profile.country.GB.title
LJP123
Explorer

Sony Bravia. horizontal and vertical lines

My Bravia tv (not sure of model but is is around 2.5 years old) has suddenly got both horizontal and vertival lines on the screen.  I have tried making sure that all fo the cables are fixed in properly, and they sem to be.  I have switched it off and left it for 5 mins before turning back on, an dno change.  This problem started immediately after the unit was moved as part of a house move - so moved on a lorry for a few miles.  I am guessing that this problem has been caused by damage in transit  but before I speak to the removals company, I'd like to see if there is any other possible cause, and ideally a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @LJP123,

from your description it sounds like damage from transporting it, yet it would be very helpful if you could upload a picture of the screen.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
LJP123
Explorer

Trying agin.........IMG_7528.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
LJP123
Explorer

Sorry it's at a 90 degree angle.....

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @LJP123,

don't worry about the image being turned - to me that looks like damage on a hardware level, software issues look different from my experience.

- Nic

Hi,

I don't think that you harmed it in any way.

I got the same issue but i didn't even touched it.

I turned it on and got the message that a new sw version is available and if i don't start it now in 30 min it will update automatically.

I didn't do anything and left the room ...whan i came back in the room it looks like this.

Afterwards i went with it to an authorized Sony service centre and they told me that it is and issue with the display and it cannot be repaired or replaced.

I bought it 2 years and 8 months ago.

I thought that Sony made quality products..., i didn't expected this20190307_075722.jpg

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @macneo2005,

your screen looks way different than the screen of @LJP123.

Vertical and horizontal lines are most likely indicators of pressure applied at the point where the lines intersect - what happened to your panel is a completly different story.

- Nic