Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-75XF9005/X900F Audio Passthrough

VonDoom
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-75XF9005/X900F Audio Passthrough

Hello. Forgive my ignorance i am not tech savvy at all! I am thinking of buying the Sony Bravia KD-75XF9005/X900F. Most of my blu-rays discs have only DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound or Dolby Atmos. I understand that this model supports DTS and Dolby but not DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound or Dolby Atmos. Also i am not planning on buying an AV receiver anytime soon. The question is when a put on the UHD/Blu-ray player my discs what sound will come out of the TV? The DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Atmos from my blu-rays will be transcoded automatically to plain  DTS and Dolby Digital since that's what this model supports or they will be no sound? Also if i want in the future to experience the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Atmos all i have to is to buy a receiver that supports those formats? Can you please help?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Dolby Atmos only with HDMI 2.1, KD-75XF9005/X900F do not has HDMI 2.1.

DTS-HD is losseless, HDMI / Optical do not support losseless.

Manolo

VonDoom
Explorer

Thanks for

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

Dolby Atmos only with HDMI 2.1, KD-75XF9005/X900F do not has HDMI 2.1.

DTS-HD is losseless, HDMI / Optical do not support losseless.

Manolo

your response. So if put in my 4K/Blu-ray player my 4K and blu-ray discs that i have bought and support only DTS-HD, DolbyTrueHD and Dolby Atmos what sound will i have on theSony Bravia KD-75XF9005/X900F? Will i have any sound at all or just silence?

Tags (1)
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I think PCM Stereo (2.0)

Manolo

VonDoom
Explorer

And if i want in the future to experience DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos with my Sony Bravia KD-75XF9005/X900F what should i do? Should i buy a separate AV receiver that supports DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos and connect it to my TV?

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

I think PCM Stereo (2.0)

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Exactly, but you'll have to connect the Blu-ay player directly to the AV Receiver and this to the TV via HDMI ARC, so you can get the Multichannel from the TV too (for the possibilities of TV, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS).

Manolo

VonDoom
Explorer

Thank you Manolo!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I have not done anything... :wink:

Manolo