Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KD49XE8396 DLNA was working but now seems blocked for mobile phone

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA KD49XE8396 DLNA was working but now seems blocked for mobile phone

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so appologies if it is not.

I bought this TV a few days ago and everything was fine.  I also have a Samsung TV with DLNA and this also works from my Mobile phone via an App called Skifta.

I could watch Video and Pictures from my Mobile on the new Sony TV

However, 2 days later my Mobile phone using this App cannot see the Sony TV but can see the Samsung. I have re-installed the App and also tried other Apps but none can see the TV.

I can Ping the TV's IP from my phone and also using the Youtube Phone App push that to the Sony as it shows in the list ( not via Chrome cast as my phone does not support it ) and that works fine.

It is as if the DLNA is somehow blocked.

I cannot see any settings in the Sony Setup regarding this particular Item. I did try the Server Diag and it says OK.

Would be gratefull for any tips// Oh and yes they are all on the same network.

I have also tried it from another Mobile phone and still does not find the TV - only the Samsung.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Hello Owen

I did do a factory reset and that did not solve it.  However, I have 3 other PC on my network and I noticed that I could PING the TV from 2 of them but not the third. I checked the PC firewall on that PC and disabled it but made not difference.

As I metioned I could PING the TV from my phone and get a reply.

As one of my PCs could not Ping the TV I decided to disconnect the Router ( which was working perfect on all services ) and restart it..  I checked the TV and I could Ping it from the PC that failed and then I opened the Phone App and I can see the TV and show video and pictures.

I think at some time during the night BT had done a reboot of the Router ( which happens to all non fixed IP homeusers  ) to change my main IP ( as it is not a fixed IP ) and somehow it left the Router in a sorry state even thought the  DNLA was not working was the New TV , it did work on the old Samsung.

Anyway, the Router reboot solved the problem which I must say I did not even think that could of been the problem,,

How this may also help others....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. We suggest you try and perform a factory reset, and see it this solves the problem: http://bit.ly/2snNRHc. Can you please let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
jbthemanforme
Explorer

Hello Owen

I did do a factory reset and that did not solve it.  However, I have 3 other PC on my network and I noticed that I could PING the TV from 2 of them but not the third. I checked the PC firewall on that PC and disabled it but made not difference.

As I metioned I could PING the TV from my phone and get a reply.

As one of my PCs could not Ping the TV I decided to disconnect the Router ( which was working perfect on all services ) and restart it..  I checked the TV and I could Ping it from the PC that failed and then I opened the Phone App and I can see the TV and show video and pictures.

I think at some time during the night BT had done a reboot of the Router ( which happens to all non fixed IP homeusers  ) to change my main IP ( as it is not a fixed IP ) and somehow it left the Router in a sorry state even thought the  DNLA was not working was the New TV , it did work on the old Samsung.

Anyway, the Router reboot solved the problem which I must say I did not even think that could of been the problem,,

How this may also help others....