Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF9005 Auto Dim on Netflix - Please Help!

profile.country.GB.title
Oldfish1
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF9005 Auto Dim on Netflix - Please Help!

Hello all!

I have searched for weeks trying to find a solution for this, but nothing as of yet! I'm hoping someone here can help me!

What Did I Try? 🤔

I have tried to watch Netflix on the TV through multiple methods:

• Via Sky Q Netflix App
  • Via the default Netflix App on Sony TV
  • Via the Netflix App on my iPhone, cast via a Chromecast Ultra

The Problem 🙃

Each method above results in the same problem.

The Netflix menu screen browsing the various films and series are filled with fantastic color and vibrancy. Then once you go to watch a title, the TV flickers, and the picture appears a faded dark wash, with no vibrancy and a dull picture. 

Menu Screen - Vibrant Image  

1.jpg

Title Screen - Vibrant Image - Just before image changes 

3.jpg

Title Screen - Dull and Faded Image - After image changes 

4.jpg

Please Help! 😭

I am convinced this is an issue with the TV, and not Netflix, as my Samsung TV in the second lounge doesn't have this issue at all, and maintains a vibrant and bright picture. 

An expensive model TV, paired with a premium Netflix subscription is just not making great viewing at the moment. I'm hoping someone has the solution on here!

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Oldfish1 @rooobb 

The third image does not show the programme playing. It shows the same as the second image, except that Dolby Vision has turned on.

It is explained above how that if Dolby Vision turns on while the preview screen is still being shown, it will not be rendered correctly.

We need to see an image from the programme actually having started, and filling the screen with the programme picture, to see any problem there may be here.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
alistairoberts
New

Hey, I’m having a very similar issue! The Netflix menu text is a bright white and the images are bright colours but when I play, the image goes dull and dark.

did you find a fix?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

A fix to which problem? Did you read the answer already available?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi alistairoberts, did you try any of the steps on the thread? Also, what's the model number of your TV? What's the current software version?