Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF9005 Turns off few seconds after turning on?!

profile.country.GB.title
Oldfish1
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF9005 Turns off few seconds after turning on?!

Hello guys,

I’m hoping this is an easy fix! It’s been one of those really small but irritating things which has been going on for months now.

I turn on the tv with the sky Q remote which turns on both the sky and tv. The tv comes on, shows the sky menu and then turns off again.

I then have to turn the tv on again.

Seems odd to turn a tv on twice for it to work… any ideas?

Thank you!

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Oldfish1
Explorer

Thanks @royabrown2 for your suggestion!

My issue is as you’ve said. 

Turn Sky box on, which turns tv on, tv comes on for about 2 seconds, turns back off again. Sky box stays on. I then have to turn tv on again.

Seems that your idea also hasn’t fixed this. It’s funny that we’re having such small issues like this that can’t be resolved considering the technology available to us 😂 

I think @krthama might be experiencing a similar, but slightly different issue to myself

profile.country.GB.title
Oldfish1
Explorer

If it helps…

I can turn on the TV with the Sony remote, and then turn on Sky with the sky remote. No issues!

the issue only happens when I use the one Sky remote, so I think your theory @royabrown2 is likely correct. Just not sure how to fix it!

profile.country.GB.title
krthama

Oops, sorry for hijacking your thread Oldfish, as is usual etiquette, I searched the forum to see if the question has been asked before, and I thought your issue sounded like mine.

profile.country.GB.title
johnglo-21
Explorer

Its doing exactly the same as mine and only started when the firmware update V6.7165 was installed. A new update is required to correct this.

profile.country.GB.title
Oldfish1
Explorer

@krthama no need to apologise! 

Hopefully this thread helps to solve the issue for all of us having very similar problems.

Fingers crossed that if there isn’t a solution at the moment (which seems to be the case) that Sony release an update ASAP! 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi krthama, that's a totally different issue, and it's a known issue by Sony who's working on it. There are some workarounds that you can try:

Disabling the interactive application:
Go to: [HOME] → [Settings] → [Watching TV] → [Channels] [Channel Setup] → [Digital setup] → [Interactive Application Setup] → [Interactive Application] → [OFF]

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Oldfish1, did you try the basics? Unplugging from the mains for few minutes, disconnecting any external device? Also, what's the firmware version of your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey johnglo-21, did you try the suggestion of royabrown2?

profile.country.GB.title
johnglo-21
Explorer

Hi Hanna - Yes i did try the suggestion but it did not work. I have a Virgin box and have since tried switching the TV on before the Virgin box and up to yet the TV has not rebooted so fingers crossed this as solved my problem.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey johnglo-21, let us know if there's any update. ^^