Join now - be part of our community!

SONY - BRAVIA KD85XH8096BU

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mr_Jason
Explorer

SONY - BRAVIA KD85XH8096BU

Greetings (First post)

I have purchased the above model which is due for delivery this week. I have had a read through the available information online for the product, but for some reason I cannot see anything for the exact position of the bracket mounting holes  on the back of the tv, can anyone help with this, as I'm in the process of getting everything ready for wall mounting.

Many thanks

Jason :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Mr_Jason 

No, I think it is d on page 8, 591mm for your TV. So the fixing holes on the top of the bracket, assuming you will be using the standard Sony one described there, need to be 591mm above where you want the bottom edge of the TV to be.

b on page 12 , 471mm for your TV, is how far below those fixing holes you should have the bottom edge of the masking tape. Then when hanging the TV on the wall, you line the bottom edge of the TV up with the masking tape, and then slide it down into the wall bracket.

I think - but I am only a customer like you, and I would leave this three-man-lift job strictly to the professionals!

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Mr_Jason 

What about the wall mounting instructions here?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-85xh8096/manua...

profile.country.GB.title
Mr_Jason
Explorer

Thanks, I have read this one already and it isnt very clear, is it dimension 'b on page 12?

I need to know the exact position of these holes as I want the bottom of the tv to be the same distance as the one being replaced on the wall 

Regards

Jason

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Mr_Jason 

No, I think it is d on page 8, 591mm for your TV. So the fixing holes on the top of the bracket, assuming you will be using the standard Sony one described there, need to be 591mm above where you want the bottom edge of the TV to be.

b on page 12 , 471mm for your TV, is how far below those fixing holes you should have the bottom edge of the masking tape. Then when hanging the TV on the wall, you line the bottom edge of the TV up with the masking tape, and then slide it down into the wall bracket.

I think - but I am only a customer like you, and I would leave this three-man-lift job strictly to the professionals!