Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Marshmallow bug "UsbMsgService has stopped"

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Guff666
Explorer

Sony Bravia Marshmallow bug "UsbMsgService has stopped"

Sony Bravia KDL-43W809C purchased in Oct 2016

Since the set upgraded to 6.0.1 I've been getting this message "Unfortunately, UsbMsgService has stopped". There is an OK button but it has no effect. The only solution is to pull the power plug out. It will then be OK for a few days before it returns.

When the set powers on there is a status update about USB Device detected, ensure devices are removed before pwoering off. However, there are no USB devices inserted anywhere.

I've done a full factory reset, but it has no effect.

Is there any possibility of being able to downgrade to the previous version of Android? I did see a thread on a similar topic, but it never got anywhere.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Guff666

I have the "USB Device detected" on every Power ON and the cause is my Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard.

I do not have the "Unfortunately, UsbMsgService has stopped" though.

If you do not use something similar check if USB ports are clean free of dust or something wrong with copper contacts inside ports.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Guff666

I have the "USB Device detected" on every Power ON and the cause is my Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard.

I do not have the "Unfortunately, UsbMsgService has stopped" though.

If you do not use something similar check if USB ports are clean free of dust or something wrong with copper contacts inside ports.

profile.country.GB.title
Kevinhooton
New

I am having same issue on television.  Sony support is terrible so looking for a response from the people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kevinhooton

Can I assume that you are on the latest firmware and have done a factory reset?

Cheers

Its__what
New

Did you even read what he wrote? @Anonymous

Firmware confirmed 

Full factory reset confirmed. . .

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Bigfella0726
New

Has this problem ever been solved because mine drives me crazy done it for a very long time and now seems to be daily. Cheers 

profile.country.GB.title
Bigfella0726
New

@Its__what wrote:

Did you even read what he wrote? @Anonymous

Firmware confirmed 

Full factory reset confirmed. . .

Has this problem ever been solved because mine drives me crazy done it for a very long time and now seems to be daily. Cheers