Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

lukefildes
Explorer

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

Hi

I have just bought a Sony Bravia KD49X83 4K Ultra HD Android TV. I have a problem where the tv just turns itself on all on it's own at any hour randomly. I do not have any timers set. Does anyone else have this problem

There are no lights flashing or anything

Thanks

58 REPLIES 58
profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

We don't use Netflix.

Finally solved it by turning synch off entirely but you then need to turn the TV off at the wall (or plug it out) for a minute. For some reason the setting doesn't take unless you do that.

You may just need to turn 1 device off yourself but we don't have anything on it anyway.

chapplerm
Explorer

We have a Sky box attached to ours. I was hoping to just use the satellite receiver on it but I wasn't comfortable with the interface.

Funny how exit of Netflix for us really works for us but you don't use it and get the same problem. I guess Sony are now holding out for the next version of Android for all of the fixes.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

The strangest thing I found was that this was a known problem for some users before the latest patch which cured it for them yet we didn't have any issues until this patch. How that works I just don't have a clue especially since we changed absolutely nothing meanwhile.

Kengee
Explorer

MY 6month old xbr65900c turns on randomly, I have disabled all auto timers both on and off, disabled Bravia Sync settings and there are sense settings to turn on the tv if it detects activity on a HDMI input of which I have also disabled. The only connection to the tv is the wifi. I will try the netflix route as described, i have also emailed product support i dont hold out much hope since this appears to be a known issue that they have been trying to resolve with little sucess 

profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

When you turned off synch did you switch off the TV at the wall for a minute? That was the only way to get it to stick for us, not had it come up again since.

7th June 2017 - tried all the solutions on this Sony forum and it appears to work for a while; however last night the TV turned itself on again. It never used to do this before the latest firmware update and yes, I do have BT YouView.

After hours of this on a static screen I'm hoping that I don't eventually get screen burn.

This shouldn't be happening on a brand new Sony Ultra 4k TV set. Come on Sony; get to grips with this problem. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
:rage:

:rage:

Kengee
Explorer

I had many of the same issues. All the time I had a keyboard connected to
the USB port. Once that was disconnected I have had no further issues.

Same issue I'm thinking it has to do with any devices that transmit or recieve signals attached to the device but I also think that it may have to do with the power settings and as a further precaution to stop auto updates so it can't restart and stay on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cross-eyeddan wrote:

Same issue I'm thinking it has to do with any devices that transmit or recieve signals attached to the device but I also think that it may have to do with the power settings and as a further precaution to stop auto updates so it can't restart and stay on.

Hi @Cross-eyeddan

Unfortuately this is a known issue - see HERE.  However it seems to occur about 3-4 times and then goes away. If the TV is turning itself on constantly, there might be another device connected to the TV that is doing it.  To test this theory, disable Bravia Sync on the TV and test.  It this cures the problem, then it is definately a connected device on the TV - you will just need to figure out which one. 

Another possibility is the network connection - a device on your network maybe waking the TV up.  Turn OFF 'Remote Start' in the TVs network settings

Cheers

Kengee
Explorer

Mine also had to do with a keyboard plugged in to the Sony USB input