Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

lukefildes
Explorer

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

Hi

I have just bought a Sony Bravia KD49X83 4K Ultra HD Android TV. I have a problem where the tv just turns itself on all on it's own at any hour randomly. I do not have any timers set. Does anyone else have this problem

There are no lights flashing or anything

Thanks

58 REPLIES 58
profile.country.GB.title
Vikas_Malik
New

I bought kd 49x7000d model recently and was working fine for few initial days. It started randomly turning on few day ago. By this time I had hooked satellite Tv, Apple TV, Logitech Bluetooth game pad and last but most importantly USB as storage device. 

I tried all recommendations one by one starting turning off the syncing till removing ISB device. I successfully got rid of the issue after I removed USB storage device and the tv is tested for 24 hours now. Hope the issue is resolved. 

Conclusion: Avoid using USB storage device

Kengee
Explorer

Conclusion, avoid the USB port period. My issue was a keyboard plugged into
the USB port
profile.country.GB.title
richmccaw
Explorer

i have the same problem does any one know what it is plz

profile.country.US.title
Perlnx

I got this issue few weeks ago and the root cause came from my wireless usb keyboard. When hit space bar button, TV turn itself on immediately.

My solution : Turn off keyboard everytime when not in use instead leave in sleep mode.

dave_1
New

I've found the same on my brand new tv, thought i was going mad, its done it since i had it (one week). i've tried what i've seen on the forums but still the same. I have emailed sony this morning but if no joy i will return it and get my money back.

profile.country.GB.title
Gromitski
New

I too have started getting this issue. It turns on day and night and I'm not using freeview so I know it's not channel syncing that's causing it. I've only had the TV for 3 weeks and the issue has only just started happening over the last week or so. My hunch is that apps or firmware are auto downloading and it's forcing the TV to turn on. I'm testing it today by removing all of my apps and I'll let you know how I get on. 

profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

Presuming you've still got it I'd first make sure that absolutely everything is updated first and then turn synch off entirely, then turn the TV off at the wall (or plug it out) for a minute. For some reason the setting doesn't take unless you do that.

Mine hasn't turned itself on for 13 months now although it does (rarely) decide to reboot from cold when it's turned on in the mornings. No idea whether that's for an actual real purpose (something updated) or just random though.

profile.country.GB.title
rodrigo991
Explorer

I don't find "bravia synch anywere on my tv where are you finding this? KD-49XE9005

and WHY ISN'T SONY DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PURVASIVE PROBLEM???

ken-1937
Explorer

Why does my Sony Bravia switch on? It switched on during the night when the family was in bed and at about 10.00am. This TV is linked to a TalkTalk TV and Internet Box.

profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

Have you bothered to read this thread at all?