Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV 43WE750 doesn't read any video files from USB drive

profile.country.US.title
Zviko123
Explorer

Sony Bravia TV 43WE750 doesn't read any video files from USB drive

Hello, I hope this is the right board for this TV and it's problem.

Few days ago I bought this TV as a gift for my father. Today we wanted to watch a movie but TV won't read any files from USB. It recognizes the device but video files won't show up. I tried everything I could found in other threads on the internet. Things like formatting USB to all possible formats (FAT32, NTSC...) I tried videos with all kinds of formats which should be recognized and playable by this TV and nothing works.

Last thing I'm trying now is AVC - all video converter which has an option to convert to Sony Bravia TV but it takes 2 hours for 2 hour video. If that works, fine but I don't have my hopes up and still, it's stupid I'd have to do that for every single movie or series I want to watch.

I tried it with 2 USB drives and my other Samsung TV reads both of them and all video formats so there's nothing wrong with them. It's this TV that doesn't work or something. Is there anything else I can try or is it just broken or even a lie that it supports those formats? Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.US.title
Zviko123
Explorer

Just as I thought, video converter didn't work either.

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Zviko,

You'll find some information on playing back video via USB and what formats are compatible with your TV here.

Let us know how you get along.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.US.title
Zviko123
Explorer

Thank you for replying. I tried all that the other day and nothing worked. The next day I tried again without changing anything, same USB, same video files on it and it worked. Problem fixed itself. Very weird but I'll take it. Thanks anyway. :wink: