Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV on demand apps not working. YouView issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Lukek94
Explorer

Sony Bravia TV on demand apps not working. YouView issue.

Hi all,

Currently experiencing a few difficulties with my recently purchased TV. 

Demand TV doesn’t seem to be working as good as I hoped and I’m just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

ITV Hub app doesn’t allow live TV such as ITV1 to work. I’ve googled everything possible and could not find a working solution. A lot have people have said over the years to go to “System Apps” scroll all the way down until you reach “YVserviceHostAPK” and clear the cache, however I cannot find this anywhere.

I’ve deleted the YouView app data and cache in hopes that this would work, but instead has made it worse.

If someone could point me in the right direction then that would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Lukek94 

You have to tune in the terrestrial channels over an aerial before the ITV Hub will work.

Once you have done that, live ITV is most easily found by just watching the relevant TV channel; but you can disconnect the aerial once the TV is tuned, and still use the Hub.

I generally advise avoiding all this ‘tune to get the app working’ nonsense for people who can’t or don’t want to use an aerial by adding a Roku Stick to your armoury. (Though an Amazon or NowTV Stick would suffice instead, they don’t have the same versatility).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Lukek94
Explorer

Thank you! I’ll give that a try. 

Cheers.