Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV

profile.country.GB.title
tkallusky
New

Sony Bravia TV

Sony Technical Support Zero rating from me. Sony Bravia TV purchased John Lewis June 2019. Nov I phoned JL Technical Support as the TV screen went black and stopped operating. JL TS assisted me over phone to reset TV. November I noticed an issue with ITV Hub - I could watch a programme through until the adverts and then it would stop playing. The issue continued therefore Thurs 16th Jan 2020 I contacted JL TS who forwarded me to Sony Technical support engineer (based in Turkey). JL advised that they had received a number of similar issues reported about the Sony Bravia and in this case Sony would give expert advice. Sony Tech advised I unplug everything from the TV - Internet, plug socket and Ariel and I was reluctant to do this as firstly he did not mention about the issue with the Apps, he did not advise what the process was going to be and in addition, I had paid someone to set up the TV for me when I purchased. He was insistent that if I did not follow his instruction he would not be able to help me. He also advised if he sent out a Sony engineer it would be at a cost to me. I followed his instruction for 1 hour 20 minutes over the phone and then I lost all applications on TV - no channels, no apps. He then said he would have to get further instruction from his team and would get back to me on Tuesday (4 days later). I asked how he would contact me he said he would phone. I asked him for a confirmation in writing of what the issue was and he said he would also do this on Tuesday. I emailed him a copy of the Order Confirmation I received from John Lewis when I purchased the TV. He was adamant that unless I sent the actual VAT invoice in PHOTO version he would not be able to progress so I contacted John Lewis and also emailed him copy same day. I kept all Tuesday free and stayed at home for further instruction from SONY and no contact. No phone call. No email. I paid an external company £180 to reinstall my TV and change arial. The TV was now in same state as when I made the initial call. TV channels fine but issues trying to watch catch up TV on the Hub. John Lewis intervened and contacted Sony on my behalf. No apology from Sony and 2 weeks later they are now saying they will not reimburse me at all for the inconvenience and extra money spent. I have since found out that so many people have experienced issues with the Sony Bravia and the Apps so why did the Sony engineer not give me this advice rather than waste my time over the phone, causing a lot of stress and then leaving me with a TV with absolutely no channels and then not even having the decency to follow up with the call as promised on the Tuesday. I emailed Sony Tech support and asked them to escalate my complaint to Management Team UK and have received no response. I will never purchase again from what I thought was a reputable retailer. I am absolutely appalled with Sony Customer Service and what I thought would be a professional Technical Support. Sony ZERO/10 from me. John Lewis well done for assisting.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Sadly the simple and quick solution to the ITV Hub problem (to re run the initial setup to accept all terms and conditions) is on both this forum and the youview forum - and pre dates your call with Sony support. 

profile.country.GB.title
tkallusky
New

It would have been helpful for the Sony Technical Support person I spoke with for 1 hr 20 minutes did not give me this information initially.  Would have saved a lot of time and expense on my part.