Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-49X8305C reboots after a few minutes

profile.country.GB.title
kike236
Explorer

Sony KD-49X8305C reboots after a few minutes

I have an Android TV KD-49X8305C that since the other day has started to reboot automatically after 1-2 minutes working.

The TV turns on perfectly but after a minute or so it reboots.

I've tried soft and hard reset but it doesn't work (when I choose on factory reset it doesn't do anything). 

I've also tried to remove apps but, even when it seems to work (they disappear), after the reboot the same apps are there. No matter what I do or change, after the reboot the status and apps are the same always. Tried the same starting on safe mode but the initial status is the same..

Any help? Has anyone seen this before? Our should I think on buying a new tv?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

Hi , I had something like this happen  , I ended up removing the Ethernet connection then it booted normally .

I changed IP address and plugged back in and has been normal since . So it could be a coms issue even WiFi . 

profile.country.GB.title
kike236
Explorer

I've tried almost everything.. remove internet connection, unplugging wires, etc... But nothing.

I've read in some places that seems to be a problem on the main board, so change it is the only way; but wishing there could be something else can be done..

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @kike236,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community!

From what I read, it sounds to me indeed as a hardware failure. So most probably even a Factory Data Reset will not resolve the issue, other than replacing the main borad. Despite that, it might be worth going through the troubleshooting guide found here.

You will be go through a series of questions, then the first suggestion would be to update your firmware. In your case, you should click on 'That didn't solve the problem, take me to the next step' at the bottom of the page. You will then receive instructions on how to perform a forced Factory Data Reset specifically for your TV.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
kike236
Explorer

I end up on "calling the technical support"...and changing the main board is gonna cost me more than half of a new tv... honestly I wouldn't expect this from a Sony TV with less than 3 years old... I've always had problems with the responsiveness of the Android system but I've coped with it... now this with the hardware... Don't think I'll buy Sony again..