Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55X8005C today's update has locked my TV into an infinite boot loop.

SOLVED
dwjlien
Explorer

Sony KD-55X8005C today's update has locked my TV into an infinite boot loop.

It just flashes up Sony, 15 seconds later 4 swirly coloured circles appear, they last for about 33 seconds, black screen, back to Sony logo. Repeat ad infinitum.

I can not get to any menu or information screen, as all it shows is those 4 circles before restarting.

Initital Info screen said it might take 30 minutes, I waited over an hour and a half for it to complete before turning the TV off at the wall. Left it 20, turned it on, Same boot cycle for 40 mins.

Turned it off, AND my router, left it 15, turned on, same infinite cycle.

Tried holding up on the remote and press the TV's power button, no  dice. Any advice please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dwjlien
Explorer

Fix:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137866/knowledgebase/1/

Unplug

Hold Power an Vol down buttons, ON THE TV.

Plugin

Wait, light bar should go green (30 secs).

Release buttons.

Pray.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dwjlien
Explorer

Fix:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137866/knowledgebase/1/

Unplug

Hold Power an Vol down buttons, ON THE TV.

Plugin

Wait, light bar should go green (30 secs).

Release buttons.

Pray.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

This was actually supposed to be fixed with this version (3.865) according to the changelog. Looks like it fixes nothing except maybe for the bricking beyond user-recoverability that some people experienced. Well spent 2 months Sony...

Jsgreen22
Explorer

Does anyone know the fix for the second option (lollipop) can't contact them atm as they have no weekend phone support? 

profile.country.GB.title
Gokul20
Explorer

I tried the following steps and it turned green even if i let go or not it crashes and reboots again i have tried that for over 40 times already but i see no change. So i need help to fix this issue as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

profile.country.GB.title
Gokul20
Explorer

I tried the following steps and it turned green even if i let go or not it crashes and reboots again i have tried that for over 40 times already but i see no change. So i need help to fix this issue as soon as possible. Thank you very much.