Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD43XD8077 - always defaults to HDMI 4?

profile.country.GB.title
RPJ072
Explorer

Sony KD43XD8077 - always defaults to HDMI 4?

Hi,

I've recently bought this TV and so far, so good. Once thing I've noticed ghough is that everytime I switch it on, irrespective of what device I had used last, it also defaults to HDMI 4. I have four devices connected to the TV; a Toshiba Blu-ray player, an Android (Kodi) box, a Sky HD+ Box and a Toshiba DVD recorder. I've read that HDMI 2 and 3 are the ones that support 4K. Apart from the Sky box which we use daily the other devices are only used occasionally. My Sky box was connected via HDMI 2 but I've now moved it to HDMI 4 as we got fed up swapping it over everytime we turned the TV one. This TV has replaced a Toshiba model, and to be fair to the Toshiba it always 'rememered' what we had watched last and defaulted to that device. Just to complicate things a little we are using a splitter box with the Sky box as we have another TV in the next room.

Is it normal that this TV always switches on to HDMI 4 or is there anything I can do to get it to default to the last used device?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If this is still happening, I remember another thread on these forums with a similiar issue - factory resetting the TV seems to be the answer im afraid.

Cheers