Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD55 AF8 Program list transfer not available

stonerrrr
New

Sony KD55 AF8 Program list transfer not available

Hi ,

I've no option to transfer the TV list to edit on my PC. I can see the option but cant select it.

I've followed the directions, and checked out the FAQ, all USB devices are unplugged bar a clean USB drive to hold the database.

The keyboard and DVR drives are removed, I am not trying to record anything

I go into Channel set up, digital set up, technical set up, and the program transfer list is there, but it is grayed out.

I have created a fresh digital and sat scan, there are about 800 items in the list

thank you

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Can you see the drive in other app?

profile.country.GB.title
Twinkleten
Explorer

I have the same problem. When I insert the USB it shows as a storage device but the transfer option is still greyed out.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Twinkleten be sure you do not have any other usb device connected

profile.country.GB.title
Twinkleten
Explorer

Hi Robby,

Thanks for the response, Yes, there are no other USB devices plugged in. Are there any restrictions on the size or formatting of the USB?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

For the size no, the format should be any of the ones supported by the TV. I normally use NTFS. Be sure you  format it using MBR partition not GUID

profile.country.GB.title
Twinkleten
Explorer

Hi again

I tried reformatting with NTFS but still not seeing the transfer option in highlight. The set recognised the USB gives the opportunity to see what’s on it and format for storage but no chance to download channels.

Regards

Tony
profile.country.GB.title
Twinkleten
Explorer

Finally solved it. I had another USB that i tried and it worked straight away. It was formatted with MBR.